Inverter and apu
11-24-2017, (Subject: Inverter and apu ) 
Inverter and apu
I have a 2010 prostar with cummins isx. This truck has a 1500 watt inverter i installed. It also has apu that came with international as stock. I have the inverter running off of the main batts and not those of the apu. However a couple months ago i had to replace the starter and didnt put in the 1 it called for which was very very expensive on the road. So, the voltage reads just fine at 14.1 would you run the inverter off the apu or the main truck batteries? There is no issues im aware of , just asking for gen knowledge. Thanks
replyreply
11-25-2017, (Subject: Inverter and apu ) 
RE: Inverter and apu
It shouldnt matter. Just watch ur batteries and make sure your alternator can handle the load you put on it and keep all of em charged.
replyreply
11-26-2017, (Subject: Inverter and apu ) 
Well if your APU is tied into your main batteries then just hook the inverter straight to the main batteries, with a big enough in-line fuse of course.

But if your apu is not recharging your truck batteries, then your inverter is draining down your truck batteries
replyreply
(11-26-2017 )Kid Rock Wrote:  Well if your APU is tied into your main batteries then just hook the inverter straight to the main batteries, with a big enough in-line fuse of course.

But if your apu is not recharging your truck batteries, then your inverter is draining down your truck batteries
If i read correctly he has the electric air conditioning that international shoves in the passenger cargo box. Runs off a seaparate battery bank. Once the batteries reach below a certain level the engine starts and recharges them. Some guys drop 300A alternators on the engine to reduce run time recharging the 2 bat banks.
replyreply
Ive got a 3500w inverter on my main batteries. Powers a fridge, tv, and laptop. Only problem i have is the damn low voltage system that needs fixed.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.