Need some pro advise....
11-26-2017, (Subject: Need some pro advise.... ) 
RE: Need some pro advise....
Mr. Rawze
I don't think you were being sarcastic, in fact I think you response is very diplomatic. Lol

User's Signature: It's hard to win an argument with a smart person, but it's damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person
replyreply
11-26-2017, (Subject: Need some pro advise.... ) 
(11-26-2017 )hhow55 Wrote:  Mr. Rawze
I don't think you were being sarcastic, in fact I think you response is very diplomatic. Lol

I have had about 4 beers at this point... lol

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Hammerhead
11-27-2017, (Subject: Need some pro advise.... ) 
My guess would be that you put on too much anti sieze. It's not meant to be layered on thick. Or as stated, maybe a issue with the torque wrench.

Unfortunately the water pumps on a isx are solely reliant on a belt so when your belt snaps, you need to stop the truck right away, isx engine's do not handle being overheated well at all. Some engine's can be limped, these are not one of them.

User's Signature: I'm no mechanic, I'm just a guy that breaks down enough to know a bit.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: JMBT
Very informative Rawze. Now I know a way to make beer money.

Did you use enough anti seize to hydra lock when you were torquing it. I’ve had that happen on other jobs with blind holes and to much oil or anti seize.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: snailexpress , JMBT
***continuation of thread derailment***
I have proven the extension myth as well several times. Even to our head mechanic in the companies shop, yet when I'm not around he still states it as fact.

I think the myth originated with the use of impact guns, particularly air guns.
With an impact gun, the extension appears to remove some torque because unlike a torque wrench with a constant torque pull on it, the torque is applied only while the hammer is striking the anvil on its rotation and the "degree of rotation flex" that robs the torque with an extension can be exceeded by the "duration of rotation" per hammer/anvil strike of the impact gun, because its intermittent instead of constant torque. That's why if you can't break a nut/bolt free with an extension on your impact, yet you can break the very same nut/bolt with ease if you remove the extension. This is particularly noticed on wheel nuts. My 3/4" gun struggles to break lug nuts free with an extension, yet rips them off with only the deep socket. It's simply the slop of an extra joint in the equation and the torsional deflection exceeding the hammer/anvil's duration.
***end of thread derailment***

User's Signature: Why? Why do I always ask "why?" Because I can't learn or help teach others with "'cause I said so..."
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze
Depending on how many coats of paint you applied, that is a good possible source. Particularly if you applied several coats of paint to each part. 3 coats, which isn't a lot is 9 or more coats/layers in your equation...
3 on the damper (each side makes 6)
3 on the pulley (each side makes 12!)
3 on the bolting plate (if you did both sides of this too, your at 18 layers of paint!)
It is a crankshaft vibration damper after all...with that much paint, some time and vibrations to now wear all that paint away, and voila, you've created a 1/64" or so gap pretty easily.

I never even thought to ask about torque wrench quality/accuracy, but that is a high possibility as well.

Unless you gobbed it on, I still can't see the anti-seize as your culprit.

User's Signature: Why? Why do I always ask "why?" Because I can't learn or help teach others with "'cause I said so..."
replyreply
 Thanks given by: JMBT
I really appreciate all the ideas guys. I think I am leaning towards Hammer’s paint theory. I did have lots of paint on all the parts, and with the clear coat, the front of the vibe dampner was slick and smooth.

User's Signature: Anti-seize EVERYTHING, Except injectors...Use Petroleum Jelly!!!
replyreply
I can see the validity to that. I still see it as bad practice, using too many or undersized extensions. Something about the tool twisting between the torque wrench and the fastener is enough to get my panties in a wad, and tells me I'm not set up correctly in most cases, but sometimes, you cant help it either. Besides, breaking tools and busting your knuckles sucks.

And yes you are correct. I was taught that and never really questioned it, it's never been an issue. Im not a physics major, but understand enough to see your point.

No worries. Im more preoccupied with trying to learn more about what I'm doing and how to do it better than to let my ego in the way, so Im always willing to learn something new.

User's Signature: 2010 T2000, CM871, 13spd, 977k, tanker yanker
Overhauled @ 927k
replyreply
 Thanks given by: hhow55
(11-27-2017 )dhirocz Wrote:  I can see the validity to that. I still see it as bad practice, using too many or undersized extensions. Something about the tool twisting between the torque wrench and the fastener is enough to get my panties in a wad, and tells me I'm not set up correctly in most cases, but sometimes, you cant help it either. Besides, breaking tools and busting your knuckles sucks.

I totally agree. Why make your job harder than it is with a bunch of gangling extensions and a ratchet that can fly back into your face.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.