Need some pro advise....
11-26-2017, (Subject: Need some pro advise.... ) 
RE: Need some pro advise....
I'm not a "Pro" but I'll offer my opinion.

I'm very curious why your came loose. My QS says torque value is 130 ft/lbs, but one more foot pound of torque won't matter. I also anti-seized the bolts. A very light coating, but silver grade none the less.

I've actually had mine off twice, don't ask why, but it was still tight when torqued properly both times, leaving me wondering why you had issues.

Dumb question, of course you painted the new one, but did you paint the mating surfaces? I primer'd mine with one thin coat, then I masked the mating surfaces and painted the damper with several coats, white lettered the markings, and put 3 coats of clear on. Is it possible that the paint compressed/wore on your mating surfaces causing the damper to be able to move and work the bolts loose?

The risk of heat damage is low, you were at "Least Severe Level". Shutting down at those temps isn't advisable, however unless it is routine it rarely causes major issues. You had no choice anyhow, so it is what it was. Monitor coolant levels and I would Sample the next two (2) oil changes if that's not your routine just to be on top of things.

I've blown turbos before under "full pull", and had to shut down too while it was smokin hot. Not my ISX, but a couple of times with S60's and once with a Big Cam 3, and never damaged anything other than the turbos that were already broke anyhow. The turbo would be my biggest concern, but monitor it, don't just change it.

User's Signature: Why? Why do I always ask "why?" Because I can't learn or help teach others with "'cause I said so..."
replyreply
 Thanks given by: JMBT , hhow55

Messages In This Thread
RE: Need some pro advise.... - Hammerhead - 11-26-2017

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.