Need some pro advise....
11-26-2017, (Subject: Need some pro advise.... ) 
RE: Need some pro advise....
Hammer, thanks so much for the response man. I am freaking out here.
I did paint the mating surfaces on the front and back of the main pulley, also the plate that rides in front of the pulley. The dampner got total coverage as well. Prime, paint, and clear on both sides. All the mating surfaces were coated from the factory with what looked like back paint so I didn’t think twice, but what you said makes since. That could make them work loose. Weird that your QS says 130 and mine 129?? WTF? When I put everything back together today, I scruffed the paint off the mating surfaces with some parts cleaner and a Brillo pad, (that’s all I had), except the front of the dampner itself, it stayed the same. Also I threw the 242 blue to the bolts after cleaning off all the antiseize. Man I hope that does it. I will be doing a lot of monitoring in the next few trips. Will know more on the turbo when I get running tomorrow.
What do you think on the faulty torque wrench theory??

User's Signature: Anti-seize EVERYTHING, Except injectors...Use Petroleum Jelly!!!
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Need some pro advise.... - JMBT - 11-26-2017

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.