Need some pro advise....
11-27-2017, (Subject: Need some pro advise.... ) 
RE: Need some pro advise....Update!!
Update...ran 100 miles this morning pulled over to check torque on bolts. Set wrench at 124 ft/lbs, 5 under what I torqued them to yesterday when I put everything back together. All of the bolts turned minutely to click at 124 ft/lbs. meaning they had definitely backed off some. I reset the wrench and torqued them all to 129 ft/lbs (cummins spec) and ran another 100 miles. This time most had held the torque of 129, 4 of the twelve turned minutely in order to click at 129.

Going over what I did yesterday: removed all bolts, pulley, and plate in front of pulley. Cleaned mating surfaces of pulley and plate. Cleaned all bolts with wire brush and carb cleaner. Made sure dampener was properly seated. Applied blue loctite to bolts. Ran them in until tight. Then torqued them with a brand new torque wrench to Cummins spec.

I will continue to check them on my next little run. If they continue to back off the set torque I will replace the bolts with new ones and apply red permanent loctite before my next pickup on Thursday. If that doesn’t work I will have exhausted all I can do without pulling the front end off again, so I will head back to my brother’s house tear the front down, and spot weld those little motherfuckers to the vibe dampener.

I am at my wits end here, hopefully it won’t come to that.

User's Signature: Anti-seize EVERYTHING, Except injectors...Use Petroleum Jelly!!!
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Hammerhead , BobsYourUncle

Messages In This Thread
RE: Need some pro advise....Update!! - JMBT - 11-27-2017

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.