ISM Injector replacement...
11-27-2017, (Subject: ISM Injector replacement... ) 
ISM Injector replacement...
I need help on how to replace an injector on an ISM engine, injector number 4902921, thanks
replyreply
RE: Hood Shock, here is a good aftermarket unit...
(11-27-2017 )santa mariamotor Wrote:  I need help on how to replace an injector on an ISM engine, injector number 4902921, thanks

Do you have a Quickserve account? I'm gonna guess "No" since you are looking for instructions, so first things first, go to http://quickserve.cummins.com and sign up for a "Limited Owners Plan", for up to 5 engines it's free! Once your account is set up, enter the ESN (Engine Serial Number) in the "Add Engines" part on the left. The complete parts breakdown, as well as the service manual for your engine will be a click or two away...

User's Signature: Why? Why do I always ask "why?" Because I can't learn or help teach others with "'cause I said so..."
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze , hhow55 , Signature620 , Old Driver , rrod
RE: ISM Injector replacement...
Thanks for splitting this from the other thread Rawze.

User's Signature: Why? Why do I always ask "why?" Because I can't learn or help teach others with "'cause I said so..."
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Old Driver
11-29-2017, (Subject: ISM Injector replacement... ) 
(11-27-2017 )Hammerhead Wrote:  
(11-27-2017 )santa mariamotor Wrote:  I need help on how to replace an injector on an ISM engine, injector number 4902921, thanks

Do you have a Quickserve account? I'm gonna guess "No" since you are looking for instructions, so first things first, go to http://quickserve.cummins.com and sign up for a "Limited Owners Plan", for up to 5 engines it's free! Once your account is set up, enter the ESN (Engine Serial Number) in the "Add Engines" part on the left. The complete parts breakdown, as well as the service manual for your engine will be a click or two away...

thanks, i have a quickserve account but i think i need to look pages more carefully. another question would be why there is oil in the radiator mixed with coolant. i have to drain and clean the radiator like every two months, any opinions ,thanks
replyreply
11-29-2017, (Subject: ISM Injector replacement... ) 
(11-29-2017 )santa mariamotor Wrote:  thanks, i have a quickserve account but i think i need to look pages more carefully. another question would be why there is oil in the radiator mixed with coolant. i have to drain and clean the radiator like every two months, any opinions ,thanks

Yes, it should all be there.

Oil in the coolant;
How many sources do you have?
The engine oil cooler is obviously one.
Is your transmission liquid cooled or air? This may be two.
Do you have an APU? This is another possible source.

Most obvious source is engine oil cooler, the other sources are in the order of suspect.
I would find the source and fix it, oil contamination of coolant can lead to expensive issues. Repairing the problem may hurt, but much less than the potential. Changing coolant every couple of months to combat the issue is senseless, and you currently have a leak. Keep prolonging it and you could have a complete failure contaminating your engine oil and destroy the motor without notice, because THIS is your notice and you are ignoring it. Do so at your own peril.

replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze , trucklogger2
12-01-2017, (Subject: ISM Injector replacement... ) 
(11-29-2017 )Hammerhead Wrote:  
(11-29-2017 )santa mariamotor Wrote:  thanks, i have a quickserve account but i think i need to look pages more carefully. another question would be why there is oil in the radiator mixed with coolant. i have to drain and clean the radiator like every two months, any opinions ,thanks

Yes, it should all be there.

Oil in the coolant;
How many sources do you have?
The engine oil cooler is obviously one.
Is your transmission liquid cooled or air? This may be two.
Do you have an APU? This is another possible source.

Most obvious source is engine oil cooler, the other sources are in the order of suspect.
I would find the source and fix it, oil contamination of coolant can lead to expensive issues. Repairing the problem may hurt, but much less than the potential. Changing coolant every couple of months to combat the issue is senseless, and you currently have a leak. Keep prolonging it and you could have a complete failure contaminating your engine oil and destroy the motor without notice, because THIS is your notice and you are ignoring it. Do so at your own peril.
thanks for the advice , thats what im planning to do asap, replacing the engine oil cooler. another issue on my truck is that the ecm has a password to get into the system and mechanics have told me that they cant make any adjustments or changes. the ecm doesnt let them do anything . my question is do I have to take my truck to the dealership and pay a lot of money or do I have to call Navistar shop and have them clear the password from the ecm via satellite and not pay too much money. thanks . any comments
replyreply
(12-01-2017 )santa mariamotor Wrote:  ...
another issue on my truck is that the ecm has a password to get into the system and mechanics have told me that they cant make any adjustments or changes. the ecm doesnt let them do anything . my question is do I have to take my truck to the dealership and pay a lot of money or do I have to call Navistar shop and have them clear the password from the ecm via satellite and not pay too much money. thanks . any comments

It can be done with the password removal tool in Insite.

Most trucks have a password of ...

or...

or ...

or ... 12345

or some other simple password that is easily guessed, but sometimes they don't. The password is whatever some idiot last set it to.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
Also try the last 6 digits of the chassis or engine number.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze , trucklogger2

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.