Mirror wobble
11-30-2017, (Subject: Mirror wobble ) 
Mirror wobble
2015 Lonestar believe same mirror set up as a prostar. Any body got any secerts on getting the mirrors to sit still. Passenger wobbles/vibrates horrible anything above 50 mph.
replyreply
RE: Mirror wobble
Is it the mirror itself, the actual mirror inside the assembly? Or is it the entire mirror assembly? If just the actual mirror piece, I would take the mirror apart and inspect the attachment points inside the housing. You get inside the mirror by removing the LED light on the front of the assembly. I gently pry it out with a flat head screw driver or a small pry bar. There are torx screws behind that, I forget which size. Remove those and the front cover comes right off. You can figure out the rest from there, all plastic in there, maybe something is broken...

If it is the entire mirror assembly...

Check the top brace, the one that comes off at an angle from the center of the top of the door. I only say this because when I bought my ProStar, the previous owner had used Gorilla Tape to secure that breakaway support to the bracket on the actual mirror arm. My mirrors are fine, but you got me thinking, maybe that is why the Gorilla Tape is there? I have left it on, and even replaced the tape on my drivers door when it got a bit ragged. I figure it is there for good reason, don't know why, but why mess with something if it is not broken? LOL!

On edit: I have seen other ProStar owners doing the same thing with the Gorilla Tape... Just saying.
replyreply
(11-30-2017 )Tcarpenter Wrote:  2015 Lonestar believe same mirror set up as a prostar. Any body got any secerts on getting the mirrors to sit still. Passenger wobbles/vibrates horrible anything above 50 mph.
Man I have the same thing with my 2011 International Prostar. I thought it was the part behind the mirror itself, replaced that. Well I still have the same problem. Mirrors goes crazy above 50 mph like you said. So I'm pleading with you brother.
replyreply
It's the whole assembly not just the glass part. Zip ties aren't doing anything for it. Guess I'll do tape till I can figure it out.
replyreply
(11-30-2017 )KennyChatmon Wrote:  
(11-30-2017 )Tcarpenter Wrote:  2015 Lonestar believe same mirror set up as a prostar. Any body got any secerts on getting the mirrors to sit still. Passenger wobbles/vibrates horrible anything above 50 mph.
Man I have the same thing with my 2011 International Prostar. I thought it was the part behind the mirror itself, replaced that. Well I still have the same problem. Mirrors goes crazy above 50 mph like you said. So I'm pleading with you brother.

Try some Gorilla Tape at that top support, where the breakaway bar is, I have seen more than a few ProStars doing the same. There must be a reason for it, someone is telling them to do this, or they have figured it out themselves. Makes sense to me, as that attachment point is not that solid, and I could see where road vibrations, wind, speed, could affect the actual mirror now that you guys have me thinking about it.
replyreply
It is the plastic breakaway part. I can watch my driver mirror wiggle and the arm moves back and forth in the receptacle it slides into. I was thinking of trying to sweet talk rawze into 3d printing a couple new ones with tighter tolerances.

Then again maybe a 3d printer is what I want for Christmas. Lol
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Brock
The breakaway bar as stated. I just slid it out and put a piece of a zip tie in while sliding it back into place which snugged it up real tight.

User's Signature: I'm no mechanic, I'm just a guy that breaks down enough to know a bit.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Tcarpenter
(11-30-2017 )Brock Wrote:  The breakaway bar as stated. I just slid it out and put a piece of a zip tie in while sliding it back into place which snugged it up real tight.
I did not think about doing it that way.
replyreply
12-01-2017, (Subject: Mirror wobble ) 
I have cheap automotive hose clamps that retain my break-away joints on both sides. They are steady as a rock.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Tcarpenter

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.