Wireless Hotspot... And I switched cell carriers
12-01-2017, (Subject: Wireless Hotspot... And I switched cell carriers ) 
Wireless Hotspot... And I switched cell carriers
This may help someone, I just purchased, and received, a wireless hotspot in the mail. It was from an outfit called Impact Wireless in Boise ID. https://www.impact-wireless.com

The unit cost was $243 up front, most is refundable if it does not work, less $75. The monthly, no contract, for truly unlimited internet is $79 a month. No throttling you back once you hit so many Gbs of data. They want you on auto pay using a CC.

I am using it now, the area I am in is two bars for Sprint and ATT, I have a full 5 bars here. The service is through T-Mobile, don't know if that is good or bad... We shall see, but looks good in regards to the areas I work in with the coverage maps I have seen.

The reason I went with this hotspot is the ridiculous data fees and throttling back that most phone companies are doing now. I had ATT, and with three women on the same plan, along with my usage, Google Maps is a data hog, and so are my podcasts, I was hitting the data wall half way through the month with ATT.

So, I switched carriers, I went back to Sprint, as long as I can text, I'm happy. Sprint has one hell of a deal going right now, I picked up three new iPhone 8+ and one iPhone 8 on their installment plan. The 8+ phones are $14 a month, $9 for the 8. The contract is for 18 months, and I can buy the phones outright for $180 ea at the end of the contract, or upgrade for those low prices. My monthly bill is $160 through Sprint, unlimited data, use all we want they said, ATT was hitting $300 a month, and data was gone in 15 days. The phones were useless at that point with data throttled back to 2G speed. Sprint limits you to 10GB on the WiFi hotspot if you use for phone for that...

Hey, maybe this will help someone, I don't know, and I will be a Sprint and T-Mobile guinea pig for the foreseeable future... Wish me luck!
replyreply
 Thanks given by: rrod
12-01-2017, (Subject: Wireless Hotspot... And I switched cell carriers ) 
RE: Wireless Hotspot... And I switched cell carriers
I use tmobile. Pretty decent compared to where they were just a year ago and now they have purchased the 600mhz spectrum they should be expanding coverages even more.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Waterloo

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.