Drag link & tie rod, boots
12-07-2017, (Subject: Drag link & tie rod, boots ) 
Drag link & tie rod, boots
I put a new drag link on my truck exactly 100K ago. I noticed yesterday while greasing that one of the boots has a tear in it right above the small metal band that they clamp on at the factory to hold the boot in place. Has anyone ever heard of or been successful at replacing the boots on a tie rod or drag link end?? It seems ridiculous to fork out another $400 to replace an otherwise perfectly good draglink. Especially when the new one will have four factory cut purge holes anyway. I know you can buy just a tie rod end. Can you buy just a drag link end??

User's Signature: Anti-seize EVERYTHING, Except injectors...Use Petroleum Jelly!!!
replyreply
RE: Drag link & tie rod, boots
I would look up the part number on the part, then find the company that manufactures it and call them to get the boot replacement part number.

Or use the Self Vulcanizing Rubber Repair Tape
https://youtu.be/jlzA7aQje4s
replyreply
 Thanks given by: JMBT
Thanks yamajason! That's a good idea!

User's Signature: Anti-seize EVERYTHING, Except injectors...Use Petroleum Jelly!!!
replyreply
I've bought and replaced boots on the pitman arm (excuse me, drag link. I always reverse those) on my Pete. Don't know part number, but call around.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: JMBT

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.