air in fuel?
12-08-2017, (Subject: air in fuel? ) 
air in fuel?
hello everyone, newbie to the site and the isx, so excuse my ignorance. so,we bought a 2012 kw w/isx15. 500hp. every morning and after being shut off for any length of time, within the first couple miles , it hesitates,shudders a bit then nothing . after a second or two it catches and away we go.after a while it goes away unless i shut it off. no external fuel leaks.new filters.also, even on a good day, it doesn't pull like it should. what's next on the check list? thank you:angel:
replyreply
RE: air in fuel?
if it has a fuel water separator it could be a cracked housing. very common. Could also be a leaky injector or other fuel system component that is leaking internally. Maybe do a leak test on them...

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
o.k. can you see it,typically? thanks for the lightening response!
replyreply
12-09-2017, (Subject: air in fuel? ) 
(12-08-2017 )layne Wrote:  o.k. can you see it,typically? thanks for the lightening response!

not typically, no.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: layne
12-12-2017, (Subject: air in fuel? ) 
well,i cleaned the filter housing real well and ran it for acouple more days ....... sure as @%$# right where the mounting base and the canister come together it is stained with fuel. not even enough to make your finger wet but it is fuel and it is on the wrong side of the housing(the outside).this is enough to cause problems? I had the same set up on our pete,but it got replaced with a metal unit.wasn't sure why at the time but now i know. my next question: do things like air intrusion,in need of egr tune up,bad injector,failing check valves,fuel solenoid issue ,,,have overlapping symptoms?so far my experience is yes and i'm strting to think its time to start shopping for diagnostic tool(s).if i'm not interested in changing parameters which system is best ?
replyreply
never mind . cummins insite right? thank you....................... man they don't give that away! what a racket!still cheaper than the last bill we got from shop.
replyreply
(12-12-2017 )layne Wrote:  never mind . cummins insite right? thank you....................... man they don't give that away! what a racket!still cheaper than the last bill we got from shop.

if you dont have e x15, insite/inline form china off ebay is much cheaper
replyreply
 Thanks given by: layne

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.