Dd15 testimonial
12-09-2017, (Subject: Dd15 testimonial ) 
Dd15 testimonial
Ahem, I know that there are a lot of people who think or assume that the Detroit power plant is the top of the line line state of the art engine, maybe in thier way of thinking but I can tell you in my experience with Detroit it is the biggest piece of crap engine made today, if they even think for a second they are any bit better then the troublesome commen rail Cummins they are kidding themselves big time, I have never seen so much blow by and oil shooting out of the breather tube, white smoke unburnth fuel coming out of the stacks, had my 871 come to the rescue and pick up the load on this piece of over engineered piece of crap
replyreply
12-09-2017, (Subject: Dd15 testimonial ) 
RE: Dd15 testimonial
I have seen my share of them make it a million miles just like the red cry babies. I guess it would all depend on what someone has put one through. Each model engine has its weaknesses and its strengths.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
12-12-2017, (Subject: Dd15 testimonial ) 
I've had to eat my words a couple times as the fleet I work for is transitioning from the ISX to the DD13s. They all have their flaws.
replyreply
12-28-2017, (Subject: Dd15 testimonial ) 
Doesn't seem to be any good options anymore. I guess this might be my last truck. If you would have told me in 1979 Cat would be out of truck motor business Detroit and Cummins would still be in I would have had a good laugh.
replyreply
12-29-2017, (Subject: Dd15 testimonial ) 
(12-28-2017 )5022 Wrote:  Doesn't seem to be any good options anymore. I guess this might be my last truck. If you would have told me in 1979 Cat would be out of truck motor business Detroit and Cummins would still be in I would have had a good laugh.

red crybabies aren't bad these days if you get your own software to work on it with and mod it into something half decent. otherwise, they are no better than anything else out there and your destined to give all the money you make back to the stealershits and engine makers due to purposeful flaws in their failing emissions systems.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: hhow55
01-21-2018, (Subject: Dd15 testimonial ) 
When you see oil coming out of the crankcase breather assembly tube on a DD13/DD15/DD16 it should be replaced and you will not see any oil or smoke coming out the breather tube. These were done a lot under warranty. There shouldn't be any smoke coming out the stacks with all your emissions filters in place.... your engine has a problem i would get it checked out on a basic ISB test to make sure your injectors aren't overfueling and does it smoke when its on a regen under load or when you're driving every where?
replyreply
 Thanks given by: DLC

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.