Fuel mileage.
12-12-2017, (Subject: Fuel mileage. ) 
RE: Fuel mileage.
(12-12-2017 )Rawze Wrote:  
(12-12-2017 )Streachy Wrote:  ...
Where should it be at at idle

Depends on how it was demandated. An MM'd truck, the turbo is usually only set just high enough for it to make slight positive pressure at the intake if someone has taken the time to set the idle region on it. You can look at tis position and see what it is with insite, and also you can remove the IMAP sensor from its mounting hole at the intake and see if there is a slight positive pressure coming from the mounting hole.

Ok. Thanks. I’ll give it a try
replyreply
12-14-2017, (Subject: Fuel mileage. ) 
(12-12-2017 )Rawze Wrote:  
(12-12-2017 )Streachy Wrote:  ...
Where should it be at at idle

Depends on how it was demandated. An MM'd truck, the turbo is usually only set just high enough for it to make slight positive pressure at the intake if someone has taken the time to set the idle region on it. You can look at tis position and see what it is with insite, and also you can remove the IMAP sensor from its mounting hole at the intake and see if there is a slight positive pressure coming from the mounting hole.

Well. You may or may not believe this but in talking with Unilevers , he had suggested a few things. The last being pull a piece of the exhaust off close to the turbo. In doing that the truck ran normal. Further investigation I discovered that the remaining 1 inch of material I left on the outer edge of the DOC/DPF broke off and plugged the screen in the DEF decomp tube. I never would’ve thought. Anyways it’s all good. Thanks to all who had advised me in this matter. I guess the best idea is to remove all of that material. Happy trucking
replyreply
 Thanks given by: trucklogger2 , gatow900
(12-14-2017 )Streachy Wrote:  Well. You may or may not believe this but in talking with Unilevers , he had suggested a few things. The last being pull a piece of the exhaust off close to the turbo. In doing that the truck ran normal. Further investigation I discovered that the remaining 1 inch of material I left on the outer edge of the DOC/DPF broke off and plugged the screen in the DEF decomp tube. I never would’ve thought. Anyways it’s all good. Thanks to all who had advised me in this matter. I guess the best idea is to remove all of that material. Happy trucking

A quote from this post...

Quote:...
There is also the "what was done to the engine" factor. If you have block plates installed, make sure they have not burned/corroded through and that they are of really high quality. Also on those 2250 and 2350's you must!!! make all the cans 100% hollow and only the metal left including removing the inner insulation. This includes the SCR can as well. It has been seen at least a dozen times where people only drill holes, or leave material on the outer edges, or much worse, don't bother with the SCR can,.. only to end up with a partially clogged exhaust because what is left in the DOC/DPF breaks apart after a few months and gets caught up in the elbow joints, decomp tube screen, or other places.

I have also seen this trend of people saying you don't need to hollow out the SCR can. Some BS claims about it being as "passive device" and other lame excuses they have no clue about. They are absolutely 500% DEAD WRONG!. It IS going to clog up after a while!. That filter eventually clogs up, causes power and fuel mileage losses and destroys the engine when it gets bad enough. Whoever the idiot bad delete shop that came up with that bad excuse because they were simply too damn lazy to do the right thing should be taken out to the wood shed and shot!.

I have also seen decomp tube injector get leaky and clog up the exhaust after a while too. IF fluid is left in the SCR tank, this can easily happen unless the line is blocked off.

reference...
http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...9#pid21269

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
thanks for sharing this problem and solution with everyone. May it be wise words for those getting those kinds of things done so that they can ensure what they had done is correct.

You should be lucky that no other damage occurred while the exhaust was blocked up.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
12-15-2017, (Subject: Fuel mileage. ) 
(12-14-2017 )Rawze Wrote:  thanks for sharing this problem and solution with everyone. May it be wise words for those getting those kinds of things done so that they can ensure what they had done is correct.

You should be lucky that no other damage occurred while the exhaust was blocked up.

Very lucky. We really babied it when it was running hot to get it home,and didn’t keep working the truck in that state. The part that confused me is that it did it 2 weeks ago and after a thorough inspection of the air to air and cleaning out the IMAP the thing when back to normal. Anyways, pretty thankful to Unilevers for His help and experience
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze , gatow900

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.