Low beam fault
12-11-2017, (Subject: Low beam fault ) 
Low beam fault
Hi everyone. First post in the forum. Not sure if this is the right forum to ask but here goes.
Recently, I bought a 2013 W900L with an ISX and I'm slowly learning about the truck and doing repairs that needed doing.
Today I took out the low beam lights and installed some Cree-style (Chinese knock off) LED lights in their place. (There were Speaker projector lights in before I swapped but one had burned out so I decided to try these lights.)
Here's my problem....they are working perfectly EXCEPT I have a Low Beam Fault on my dash now.
I'm surprised because I'm pretty sure the Speakers were LED and never had this fault message before the switch. Do I need to put a resistor inline somewhere?
Thanks for any help
replyreply
RE: Low beam fault
I had the same problem at 1st when I put my LED bulbs in. It would kick the brights on and lows off. Come to find out plug was backwards. The wires are a power and a ground. I had them plugged in opposite. So I flipped wires and boom working
replyreply
I would suspect that an LED bulb wired backward would not come on at all. LED does stand for Light Emitting Diode,... Diode being that key word...

Wikkipedia...

Quote:The most common function of a diode is to allow an electric current to pass in one direction (called the diode's forward direction), while blocking it in the opposite direction (the reverse direction). As such, the diode can be viewed as an electronic version of a check valve.

I think people too easily forget that about them.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
Not sure why....but today the fault warning was gone and lights are working good. Only thing I can assume is that it set the fault when I disconnected the old light and needed a few key-ons to reset.
All is good for now though...
replyreply
12-14-2017, (Subject: Low beam fault ) 
lucky for you some of those cheap led's are wired so badly that you got to rewire them to work.. I've try a lot of them and sent many back. had good luck with some. but so far the best has been jw speaker 2nd gen with the heated lens. good pattern and the side casting light (ditch's where the deer hide)is pretty good. and the heat is great!!! been through 3 good storms in WY.with some freezing fog and sticky sloppy snow the type of stuff you got to snap the wiper's clean to see and they worked really well.
Others I've had you had to stop and clean off every few miles.
keep a spare set of reg. head lamps for the just in case as some that i used work for a bit and died out in nowhere,and i hate having a light out.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze , Skman

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.