Excessive crankcase pressure?
12-11-2017, (Subject: Excessive crankcase pressure? ) 
RE: Excessive crankcase pressure?
You could start by switching over to the cummins no-element crank case filter unit if you think it has high blo-by...

http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...50#pid8950

Some pictures of where it is leaky would be nice too.

===

The problem with DE-manding an older engine is that it revels things you never knew. Just think what happens if for so long, you have carbon packing around those rings,.. then suddenly you make the engine burn much cleaner than it did before and all the carbon packing goes away. Sometimes after a while, the engine will settle and blo-by goes back to normal,.. but sometimes it does not go away.

- What ever you do, take steps to ensure you are not getting excess pressure buildup in the crank case. Make sure the engine can breathe well,... very well if need be. As an engine ages, and the blo-by gets higher and things wear out, then someone needs to drive it a little softer up the hills, keep boost down a bit, slow down a bit whenever possible to save fuel and wear, and start focusing on saving up for that inframe.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: hhow55

Messages In This Thread
RE: Excessive crankcase pressure? - Rawze - 12-11-2017

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.