Fuel Pressure Sensor
12-13-2017, (Subject: Fuel Pressure Sensor ) 
Fuel Pressure Sensor
Ive had rough idling, little to no real power in 8th, 9th and 10th gear. 8th is slightly weak, 9th is rough and 10th is really rough and if I hit a small hill or medium incline, forget about 9th and 10th even wanting to cooperate. So after digging thru threads and attempting to educate myself, I think its a fueling issue. Then one popped up and mentioning the fuel pressure sensor and I though, hmmmm now theres a sensor I have not changed or had cross my mind. 760,000 isx 871, 2010. I've had the truck a little over 2 years and no history on it other than it used to be a company truck for U.S. Depressed. Looks like it has been changed at some point, but again, I don't know. Does this sound like a reasonable place to start or am I still looking in the wrong direction. I know it won't hurt to change it and that bring me to my other question. Is it as simple as unscrewing it out and putting the new in, or do I have relieve the fuel pressure to change it?
replyreply
RE: Fuel Pressure Sensor
I would lean more towards air in the fuel, inlet restriction or fuel check valves being the cause. You can easily verify fuel pressure sensor accuracy by monitoring fuel pressure with INSITE as well as a mechanical gauge hooked up to the test point at the bottom of the IFSM.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze , hhow55 , Grizzly
RE: Fuel Pressure Sensor
Also I believe you can monitor fuel pressure & aftertreatment fuel pressure at the same time with INSITE. At startup, the aftertreatment fuel system does a self check so that pressure with fluctuate but once it reads steady, compare it to the main fuel pressure - Should be almost exactly the same.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze , hhow55 , Grizzly

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.