blown engine
12-13-2017, (Subject: blown engine ) 
blown engine
climbed mt Pocono pa everything seemed fine was at about 1550 rpm oil pressure was around 38 then oil temp started to climb more than normal and hit 249 degrees coolant was at 220 .coolant then dropped to 178 had fan on but oil temp wouldn't come down, held motor on flat ground 16th gear just kinda coasting along trying to get to next exit so i could take a look then oil pressure started to drop 33- 30 -28 hit the shoulder but to late heard a load screech followed by 2 big bangs shook whole truck got clutch in motor locked up. coolant still full and red, oil looks like fresh out of jug and just below full mark. no block venting. waiting on quote from dealer, apparently 2 smashed piston's, crank ruined , they haven't been able to tell me why it went yet.
replyreply
RE: blown engine
What year is engine ? 871, 2250, 2350? Mileage?

User's Signature: Cascadia ISX15 CM2350
replyreply
it have anything to do whit this??
http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...5#pid15205

some pics if what it is suspected to be would be nice.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
its is a (was) 871 built 2009 with 825000 miles on crank and about 275000 miles on inframe it did spend about a year with a diesel spit tune on it. before i got it fixed here so who know's
replyreply
yea i remember what you said Rawze , so i replaced they pressure relive valve above oil filter had to pull out with needle nose vise grips it was really stuck in there, then never had and issue again all summer till about three weeks ago changed oil and filter pressure came back. so i figured id wait to post if it worked .. and it didn't.
replyreply
Did it spin a bearing? your failure description leads me to think so.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
12-14-2017, (Subject: blown engine ) 
Maybe spun a couple bearings due to an oil pump failure?

User's Signature: 2010 T2000, CM871, 13spd, 977k, tanker yanker
Overhauled @ 927k
replyreply
12-20-2017, (Subject: blown engine ) 
wasn't able to get a look up under motor pan was off full of metal one bearing on ground looked like it spun, metal in pan was pieces of liner all chunks biggest size of pencil eraser. was told liner has dropped down and hit connecting rod and piston stuck between liner and cylinder head. question is, can liner drop that far without block being broken or am i looking at broken block as well, huge core charge if block damaged.
replyreply
12-20-2017, (Subject: blown engine ) 
The mid stop liner can not drop below the ridge unless the ridge is broken.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: JMBT

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.