Replacing o ring fuel line into head
12-13-2017, (Subject: Replacing o ring fuel line into head ) 
Replacing o ring fuel line into head
I have a small leak on the line from the rail into the head, having not opened the fuel system there, do I need to release pressure in the line before hand or does it depressurize when the engine is off?

CM2350
replyreply
RE: Replacing o ring fuel line into head
You abaolutely have to relieve the pressure. Do this by loosening the line between the fuel pump and rail at the rail end. 35ftlb is the tension for it.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rounded_nut
(12-13-2017 )Signature620 Wrote:  You abaolutely have to relieve the pressure. Do this by loosening the line between the fuel pump and rail at the rail end. 35ftlb is the tension for it.

What kind of line pressure should I expect? I do have insite if there's a tool there for dumping the pressure.
replyreply
I ussualy leave motor overnight, so it completely cools and fuel pressure drops. It will be very little pressure or none. Release fuel rail nut , so if theres left pressure it will come out and tighted nut 35lbs. But if you open nut right away from stoping running engine you will have high pressure there.

User's Signature: Cascadia ISX15 CM2350
replyreply
(12-13-2017 )Rounded_nut Wrote:  I have a small leak on the line from the rail into the head, having not opened the fuel system there, do I need to release pressure in the line before hand or does it depressurize when the engine is off?

CM2350

As others have said, relieve the pressure with the proper procedure or seek professional help. The fuel system on those common rail engines is extremely dangerous. Fuel pressures are so high, they can slice through flesh and bone if not dealt with properly.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: hhow55 , Rounded_nut
(12-13-2017 )Rawze Wrote:  
(12-13-2017 )Rounded_nut Wrote:  I have a small leak on the line from the rail into the head, having not opened the fuel system there, do I need to release pressure in the line before hand or does it depressurize when the engine is off?

CM2350

As others have said, relieve the pressure with the proper procedure or seek professional help. The fuel system on those common rail engines is extremely dangerous. Fuel pressures are so high, they can slice through flesh and bone if not dealt with properly.

That's what I'm looking to avoid! I just realized that I forgot to check quickserve for the procedure so I'll go through that too.
replyreply
12-14-2017, (Subject: Replacing o ring fuel line into head ) 
The shape of the nut you use to relieve the pressure is designed to eject fuel away from you. There's very little danger involved in loosening the line correctly shortly after shutting the engine down.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rounded_nut
12-14-2017, (Subject: Replacing o ring fuel line into head ) 
(12-14-2017 )Signature620 Wrote:  The shape of the nut you use to relieve the pressure is designed to eject fuel away from you. There's very little danger involved in loosening the line correctly shortly after shutting the engine down.

That is true, but only for the one fitting they recommend relieving the pressure with. Just thought I should mention that for safety reasons.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rounded_nut , Signature620

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.