Insite cylinder cutout test
03-25-2016, (Subject: Insite cylinder cutout test ) 
Insite cylinder cutout test
I watched in one of Rawze's videos how to do this test, he cuts out all but one cylinder, but my program only allows for a bank at a time. Is there a way to change this in Insite or is that specific to the CM870?

Also, could some point me towards a resource that describes what to look for on this test?

I found this in another forum, is it accurate?

"cut out each injector and watch the rpm, a good injector will drop in rpm then rise above the normal rpm. a bad injector will not drop or rise the rpm. the screen shot below shows normal rpm befor the injector is disabled. the next screen shows the injector being disabled, the red arrow shows the rpm drop then the rpm will rise. this is a good working injector, a bad one will not drop rpm or have a rpm rise."

Last week the tech did this and #2 hardly had any drop off, so we concluded that #2 injector was bad and replaced it. I just recheck it and same results with the brand new injector, hardly any drop in rpm when cutout. How can that be?
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
Insite cylinder cutout test - Bulljammer - 03-25-2016
RE: Insite cylinder cutout test - Unilevers - 03-28-2016,

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.