Insite cylinder cutout test
03-28-2016, (Subject: Insite cylinder cutout test ) 
RE: Insite cylinder cutout test
(03-28-2016 )Bulljammer Wrote:  
(03-27-2016 )Rawze Wrote:  I had one once that would not run for crap on cylinder #2. It would even stall the engine sometimes when firing it on only that injector. All other cylinders ran and fired great otherwise. We swapped the injector into number 4, and guess what! -- Number 2 still ran like crap!. It was wear in the valve seat/head that caused it. The guy just kept driving it like that for another few months, even though he was warned that it could come apart at any time. He eventually had to replace the head because his fuel mileage kept going down more and more.

I talked to the mechanic this morning and let him know that the cylinder is reacting the same way it was before we put the new injector in. His thought was that it could be a compression problem or the actuator. So is he going down a false road or is that possible? I am so discourage from one thing after another.
Bad actuator will affect 3 cylinders. Ask your mechanic to remove intake manifold an bare engine in quiet environment. Hissing sound from intake or exhaust at the cylinder top point means bad valves.
Rawze has my valve burnt intake valve picture. It was exactly same symptoms you have.
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Insite cylinder cutout test - snailexpress - 03-28-2016
RE: Insite cylinder cutout test - Unilevers - 03-28-2016,

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.