engine brake stuck on?
12-13-2017, (Subject: engine brake stuck on? ) 
engine brake stuck on?
Hello fellas,
I have a problem with my cm2250 it ran great for past couple hundred miles with mm tune, I was driving the other day it developed a problem it started loosing power and slowing down fast, it was pinging and smoking a lot, I stopped and changed the filters I thought they pluged up because I shocked the tanks with biocide. I thought problem was fixed with filter change truck ran great until I decided to test the engine brake, same thing happend like I dropped an anchor lots of smoke and feels like pinging crawling at few mph, I turn the engine brake off after a minute it clears drives good again, everytime I engage the engine brake same thing, seems loke its getting stuck on. what can couse it?
thanks in advance for any help
replyreply
RE: engine brake stuck on?
You got a jake rocker sticking. Need to pull valve cover off and activate the solenoids one at a time and see which one is sticking and replace. DONOT use jakes until fixed can and will cause major engine damage...
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze , snailexpress , redbeard , sbtrucking , trucklogger2 , Waterloo , JMBT , simon999 , MCRENT
Had the same issue on a 2250 a couple years ago. It was a solenoid. I could see the oil screen busted out on both solenoids. 2 new ones and it never bothered again
replyreply
 Thanks given by: snailexpress , redbeard , sbtrucking
12-14-2017, (Subject: engine brake stuck on? ) 
Jake solenoids, its fairly common i see alot of them. Engine sounds terrible!
replyreply
 Thanks given by: sbtrucking , t700
12-28-2017, (Subject: engine brake stuck on? ) 
Rockers were moving free, replaced both solenoids around $90 each took about an hour easy fix and problem fixed.
Thanks fellas
replyreply
 Thanks given by: snailexpress , Signature620 , Rawze , Wiseman , t700 , fargonaz , Rig Wrench , MCRENT

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.