Passive regen??
12-15-2017, (Subject: Passive regen?? ) 
Passive regen??
What exactly is a passive regen and how often should your truck do one?
replyreply
RE: Passive regen??
Forgot to mention my truck does self regen going down the road almost every day. I do roundtrip of 500 miles 3 or 4 times a week. Sometimes I'll get off the highway and rpm will be at 7k and hest light comes on. Only 1 time since I've owned the truck 2011 kw t660 cm2250 has it asked for parked regen. It's been about 150k miles that I've put on engine. Just wanting to know if these self regens are normal and how often? Thanks
replyreply
There are three types:

Passive: When you are going down the road and the engine is creating enough heat on its own.
Active: when you are driving and it will dose fuel downstream to create enough heat.
Stationary: Pretty self explanatory...

Are they normal? Yes. How often? Depends on a lot of factors... Fuel burned, soot load, drive cycle, etc.

That's it's keeping itself happy with active burns is far better and is generally a sign of a healthy system. The 2250 has a fault code specifically for too frequent regeneration. I'd let it be as long as you're staying on top of the health of the engine & sensors.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze , trucklogger2
Thanks moose. Recently cleaned doc and dpf about 125k and egr tune up. just replaced 7th injector, def injector and cleaned out scr can. Only use def out of gallon. No check engine lights. Just trying to keep it like this untill starts giving me problems then demandated it is..
replyreply
Some related info about regen and how often.
http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...33#pid5433

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.