How long does license have to be valid?
12-16-2017, (Subject: How long does license have to be valid? ) 
How long does license have to be valid?
How long does your license have to be valid before a trucking company will hire you. Mine has been suspended due to me not be able to pay them. Im finally getting around to being able to pay them, and trying to see how long if I have to I would have to wait to start driving for a trucking company.

I've looked on the Texas DMV website and its not anything saying a length or anything.
replyreply
RE: How long does license have to be valid?
Just some related info...

If you have any DUI's, reckless driving, or other major offenses even from 10+ years ago,.. a lot of trucking companies will not hire you. Their insurance carriers will not insure you.

Young people do stupid s$it when they first get their licenses,,. then later regret it because it effects their ability to get driving jobs.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: hhow55 , Djmurria
No nothing crazy just 2 speeding tickets, and driving without a license. And a couple from before i got my license. September or October should be the 3 year mark for the last ticket. Trying to get started driving in January, so I think only my last 2 should show up.
replyreply
12-17-2017, (Subject: How long does license have to be valid? ) 
(12-16-2017 )Djmurria Wrote:  No nothing crazy just 2 speeding tickets, and driving without a license. And a couple from before i got my license. September or October should be the 3 year mark for the last ticket. Trying to get started driving in January, so I think only my last 2 should show up.

+15 over the speed limit is another one. Yes, you need any speeding tickets to be it at least 3 years ago or more before some places will hire you.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Djmurria
12-20-2017, (Subject: How long does license have to be valid? ) 
(12-17-2017 )Rawze Wrote:  
(12-16-2017 )Djmurria Wrote:  No nothing crazy just 2 speeding tickets, and driving without a license. And a couple from before i got my license. September or October should be the 3 year mark for the last ticket. Trying to get started driving in January, so I think only my last 2 should show up.

+15 over the speed limit is another one. Yes, you need any speeding tickets to be it at least 3 years ago or more before some places will hire you.

I know for sure one is 26 over and should be 3 years old in july. My dad has a friend hauling grain in NC that would be willing to give me a chance but I ready would like to drive cross country. Should I just go ahead and move from Tx to there so I can get experience or just wait it out until I can go to a mega carrier.
replyreply
12-21-2017, (Subject: How long does license have to be valid? ) 
(12-20-2017 )Djmurria Wrote:  ...
Should I just go ahead and move from Tx to there so I can get experience or just wait it out until I can go to a mega carrier.

only you can answer that but it also depends on what kind of experience you are wanting to get too. If it is just driving alone then it does not matter much. Just keep in mind that the mega-fleeces are designed to make robot bad habit cry-baby drivers hell bent on driving agains the speed governor all day long with no care in the world about the equipment or their employer.

I.E.-> you need to consider your long term goals and if you want to eventually own your own equipment or not. they are 2 vastly different things with 2 very different learning curbs.

replyreply
12-21-2017, (Subject: How long does license have to be valid? ) 
If Dads friend is willing to take a chance on you then that's the way I would go. You will be gaining driving experience. It doesn't look like the move will bother you if you are already considering it.
I had a bad record at one point all from speeding. Insurance company fired me. Once it dropped off I went back to driving but I already had experience.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Djmurria , Rawze
12-22-2017, (Subject: How long does license have to be valid? ) 
(12-21-2017 )Rawze Wrote:  
(12-20-2017 )Djmurria Wrote:  ...
Should I just go ahead and move from Tx to there so I can get experience or just wait it out until I can go to a mega carrier.

only you can answer that but it also depends on what kind of experience you are wanting to get too. If it is just driving alone then it does not matter much. Just keep in mind that the mega-fleeces are designed to make robot bad habit cry-baby drivers hell bent on driving agains the speed governor all day long with no care in the world about the equipment or their employer.

I.E.-> you need to consider your long term goals and if you want to eventually own your own equipment or not. they are 2 vastly different things with 2 very different learning curbs.

I do want to own my own truck. I try to take care of all the stuff I own or am lent. Not trying to pick up anymore bad driving habits, I just want to make sure I get what I'm loaded with there in time and everybody around me home.
Rockycoon75
Im really considering it, I just don't want to be spending money on rent anymore lol. I most likely am the more I keep thinking about it though, just have to man up and if it take a little longer to save so be it.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze
12-23-2017, (Subject: How long does license have to be valid? ) 
Any time you can drive for a smaller outfit the better. Get experience driving. Grain hauling will be awesome compared to hauling general freight from city to city. You will probably make more money also.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.