Elog cheat discovery
12-17-2017, (Subject: Elog cheat discovery ) 
RE: Elog cheat discovery
(12-17-2017 )Rawze Wrote:  
(12-17-2017 )Rockhwy Wrote:  ..
Eventually I believe the goal is for law enforcement be able to get all your information wireless as you drive down the road.

Yes,.. the DOT has plans on being able to tripple their inspection rates over the next several years. Wireless inspections are the goal where they can see how worn your brakes are, how fast you stop, how fast you go, when you take your break, and law enforcement is getting special software so they can see every trucks data as it passes them on the freeway and they can see how fast you were going 50 miles behind you.

this is real. and it is already in progress.

https://www.fmcsa.dot.gov/research-and-a...ch-project

http://cta.ornl.gov/cta/CMVRTC/presentat...poster.pdf

Wow! Rawze, Thanks for sharing the WRI link and info. I had no idea that was happening. That is some of the most disturbing and disgusting information I have heard to date about this ELOG crap. Almost makes you want to look for a new career, and I don’t even run illegal! My wife and I team and are never in danger of running out of hours. It is just merely the principle of it all! How in the world does that NOT violate “unlawful search and seizure” legislation?? Basically, as a trucker, we are being “investigated” for a crime, before there is even probable cause that one has been committed! Almost as if they are saying, we are all guilty because we are truckers?? WTF!! That should not be legal in a supposedly free country!

User's Signature: Anti-seize EVERYTHING, Except injectors...Use Petroleum Jelly!!!
replyreply
 Thanks given by: PuroCumminsPower , Waterloo
the info I put out there wasnt about cheating on the eld but something to help in a situation where you are told to move the truck while you are on a 10hr break.

If that line flashes for so much as a second to the drive line you have to take another break according to the rules and you were in violation for that second so for the next 7 days you are subject to getting csa points for every time you are inspected during that 7 days. All because you moved the truck a little bit.

This idea would keep the computer from reading truck movement within a 5 mile range (that is our yard move limit) and thus keeping you safe from the above scenario.

User's Signature: Its easier to maintain than to attain.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: PuroCumminsPower
(12-17-2017 )JMBT Wrote:  Wow! Rawze, Thanks for sharing the WRI link and info. I had no idea that was happening. That is some of the most disturbing and disgusting information I have heard to date about this ELOG crap. Almost makes you want to look for a new career, and I don’t even run illegal! My wife and I team and are never in danger of running out of hours. It is just merely the principle of it all! How in the world does that NOT violate “unlawful search and seizure” legislation?? Basically, as a trucker, we are being “investigated” for a crime, before there is even probable cause that one has been committed! Almost as if they are saying, we are all guilty because we are truckers?? WTF!! That should not be legal in a supposedly free country!

It is legal because trucking falls under international maritime laws.

I watched a siminar back in 2010 bragging about some kind of web based software where law enforcement can open a web page on their laptop in the dash, have a radio device that transmits a signal for every passing vehicle starting with big-rig trucks, and they can put into the web page criteria like "the speed traveled through a construction zone 50 miles away" and then it will sit there and scan every truck passing and alert the officer the speed and violation of each passing truck. they also showed an example where they made it show if the truck was on its last 2 hours of its driving shift to alert the officer so he can see if your paying attention to traffic ahead, or if your fatigued. It also showed other data like the heat on your brakes and hubs when it was scanned as you passed a "speed-sense" point that had thermal imigaging, how worn the pads were, how much fuel you had in the tank to see if you fueled when you say you did, etc. when a particular vehicle was singled out.

It was all in the venue of increasing truck inspections with a final goal of more than 3 million inspections a year. This was back in 2010 and they had already started implementing the first stages of this. it went on to talk about what they called "speed-sense" embedded into the roadways in the western states. - Most don;t pay attention to them but they are the devices that you see in the absolute middle of nowhere where there is a small strip plate in the road and some posts beside it with what looks like tiny radar unit looking white box. Those units, some of them can take thermal pictures of your brakes and tires as you pass, measure your weight to see if your load has shifted since the last time you got checked, compare your speed between one sense station to another, and all sorts of crazy crap. They are all over the states now in the least expected places. If you have an EOBR, they will compare your position, GPS position, and weigh your truck, clock your speed from one "speed-sense" outpost to the next, etc.

./uploads/201712/post_2_1513545091_e0fb108ffeb390c46eed43f99dc65bd2.png

there is very little info these days out there for these systems. Here is one of the sensors in the pavement you see often...
http://www.mdpi.com/1424-8220/17/9/2053/htm
and some related info...
https://www.fhwa.dot.gov/policyinformati.../index.cfm

http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/art...121000004X

http://www.mdpi.com/1424-8220/16/1/107/htm

Some of the mega-fleets were even guinea pigs for these systems. I know that U.S. express was volunteering for it in Tennessee as far back as 2008.

=====

The ELD and eventual EOBR mandates are a small tiny part of a REALLY REALLY BIG PUSH that they can't implement all at once,. but have decided to implement over a several year span so no one can/will complain. that is how most things go these days. Do s$it over a several year span and very slowly so that no one has a say in it until after its too late.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: JMBT , Rockhwy , Rig Wrench , PuroCumminsPower
mkes me sick
replyreply
 Thanks given by: JMBT
(12-17-2017 )Cuya Wrote:  mkes me sick
Most people don't know they lost privacy years ago.
And people were happy to pay own money for this buying all crap with word SMART.
Everything with SMART spying on you.
SMART TV
SMART PHONE
SMART THERMOSTAT in your home
SMART PHOTO CAMERA
SMART DISHWASHER
SMART WASHER and DRYER
Welcome in 1984 reality.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: PuroCumminsPower , JMBT
https://www.overdriveonline.com/correcti...ce-record/

Interesting article on personal conveyance. Helped me get home today. After I unloaded and was out of time. So my eld is green agian.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rig Wrench , JMBT
12-18-2017, (Subject: Elog cheat discovery ) 
I'm curious if you guys can answer this. Do your logs monitor every movement that your truck makes? Is there a maintenance mode that can be used for a repair shop? I ask because I make a 10 mile test loop around my shop, to dest drive, diagnose ect ect. Will that effect the operators hours if they get stopped? I ask this because I put about 40 miles on a customers truck last Saturday, and had it running on and off all day. He picked it up a few hours after I was done and headed to Kentucky(from upstate NY). Could that potentially cause an issue?
I've had no problems this far. Most work I do is on local run trucks, but occasionally I get an over the road unit in
Thanks
replyreply
It depends on how it’s set up in the back office of the eld. I’m a owner operator so technically working on my truck on weekends or whatever is technically on duty time. If you were to come drive my truck around the block and I wasn’t logged on to eld it would ask me to claim any unassigned miles. I would put in the notes on my log that unassigned miles were from shop work. Test drive. As you start to learn your system you’ll no how to handle it. Also if it’s a company driver and it logs as duty time the administrator at the office can fix it for them with a phone call.
replyreply
I’m determined to stretch this elog rule as far as I can. Using every loophole I can find. This time frame till April is for learning not necessarily ticket writing time. Cops and truckers both are learning as we go. This thing is a trick to keep right but resistance is futile. Rember no hos rules changed just the way you record them. I hate big brother in the seat next to me as much as anyone. The main thing I find myself doing now is running against the clock and pushing myself to drive when I’m tired. Before I ran how I wanted and fixed the paper to fit. I’m not the only one. Last night trucks parked everywhere. Usually driving at night. The roads were a ghost town.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: snailexpress , Rawze , JMBT

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.