Elog cheat discovery
12-18-2017, (Subject: Elog cheat discovery ) 
RE: Elog cheat discovery
It would be a huge learning curve to run your guys f up rules down there .
At least up here we can split sleep , I would be lost with out that .
Although the first 4 years I drove was in the patch so there was no worry a about running a log .lol

I totally agree that the e- logs aren't the problem. It's the ohs rules .

User's Signature: The missing link
replyreply
Since we are on the topic. If you are ever in a jam there is a way in{**name removed by protection bot**}.

H_VSP_RoadSpdUsrOvrdVal
T_VSP_RoadSpdUsrOvrdEn

These parameters let you set your speedometer to whatever you want. 0kmh will let you change status even while moving. Obviously this not something you want to do long distance as your essentially driving with no log, also this stops your ECM and odometer mileage from counting as well.

Feel free to delete this post,, I only mention this since the topic has been brought up
replyreply
thos 2 changes overrides the ODO in the ecu and locks it to whatever value you want in km/h. may work but i tend to think it may mess up other stuff like fuel mileage readings and other things too.
replyreply
(12-18-2017 )Marajin Wrote:  thos 2 changes overrides the ODO in the ecu and locks it to whatever value you want in km/h. may work but i tend to think it may mess up other stuff like fuel mileage readings and other things too.
Too many calculations rely on VSS reading in ECM
Torque calculation
Automatic transmission shifting
replyreply
It’s still gps tracking you.
replyreply
(12-18-2017 )Rig Wrench Wrote:  I'm curious if you guys can answer this. Do your logs monitor every movement that your truck makes? Is there a maintenance mode that can be used for a repair shop? I ask because I make a 10 mile test loop around my shop, to dest drive, diagnose ect ect. Will that effect the operators hours if they get stopped? I ask this because I put about 40 miles on a customers truck last Saturday, and had it running on and off all day. He picked it up a few hours after I was done and headed to Kentucky(from upstate NY). Could that potentially cause an issue?
I've had no problems this far. Most work I do is on local run trucks, but occasionally I get an over the road unit in
Thanks
I have a peoplenet unit and for shop work I either log all the way out so it doesn't count against me the driver which is probably the proper way or leave it in off duty personal conveyance.
replyreply
GPS only flags duty status changes on your log. Yes it does mess with your fuel mileage. Not sure if it really messes with anything important as your tachometer still works and that's what the ECM uses to do most calculations. By no means perfect but just throwing it out there!
replyreply
GPS ticks your location something like every hour.
replyreply
12-22-2017, (Subject: Elog cheat discovery ) 
I have 05 volvo speed wire (#550)cut and put switch,everithing works on cluster exept speed and km,also ecm don't record km,then you get gps jammer and that's. I use this if customer don't have overnight parking.

User's Signature: One word not enough two words to much to say
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.