Elog cheat discovery
12-24-2017, (Subject: Elog cheat discovery ) 
RE: Elog cheat discovery
(12-16-2017 )preacherboy24 Wrote:  I had a Qualcomm wire issue last week (I'm not running Qualcomm.....but the harness is still in the truck) and discovered something interesting. The hack job I did on trying to get the harness out of the truck left me with some bare wires hanging out the back of the sleeper. I drove it on our first salty road day and my message light came on the dash. I knew it was a Qualcomm harness issue but it ended up killing the communication between my ecm and dash to the point I had no oil, temp, volt, tac, and speedo.

On the way back to the shop I noticed something......my elog was on duty but not driving. As I was driving I put it into off duty and left it there. Yes.....I was moving 60mph down the road and the elog wasnt recording drive time. The 411 here is this wont help you drive from Chicago to Indianapolis because your gps will give location and I'm sure if you get checked they wont believe you had Scotty beam you over but it will help in a situation where you are parked and for some reason have to move the truck over 5mph to a better place a few miles down the road. I believe if you interrupt the speed sensor and cause the speedo not to register speed you can get away with this. I plan to try it since the elog doesnt record truck movement off the gps.

Not intending to hijack the thread, you can pm me if you'd like. Do you mind me asking what kind of make/model truck this is? I'm chasing an issue on a t660 that is losing all gauges and gauge backlighting as well as the green message center ~10 minutes after startup. As soon as the gauges go dead, the four ways and headlights turn on. Maybe a cecu issue but this truck had a Qualcomm and the harness remains just like in your pic of the bag of you cab. Inside harness I just stuffed behind the dash when I bought the truck.
replyreply
12-24-2017, (Subject: Elog cheat discovery ) 
We had issues with a 2002 Western Star like you are describing. The truck had a Qualcom unit at one time and the harness was left in the truck. It was the harness shorting out. One of the drivers that had some mechanical skills discovered it and removed the harness. The issues went away. Don't know if that helps, but that is where I would start, remove whatever was installed. See if you can get some wiring schematics for your T660 and start chasing, may have messed up one of the many canbus modules in the truck.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: serv , Rawze
12-30-2017, (Subject: Elog cheat discovery ) 
(12-22-2017 )Baco74
Wrote:  
I have 05 volvo speed wire (#550)cut and put switch,everithing works on cluster exept speed and km,also ecm don't record km,then you get gps jammer and that's. I use this if customer don't have overnight parking.

There is a guy in jail right now that tried that GPS Jammer thingie. He was in a local truck and was upset he was being tracked. He made a delivery near Newark airport and really made a difference in the way the airport operated.......so much so they sent the drones after him.

User's Signature: Its easier to maintain than to attain.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze , Waterloo
12-30-2017, (Subject: Elog cheat discovery ) 
(12-18-2017 )Magard Wrote:  It depends on how it’s set up in the back office of the eld. I’m a owner operator so technically working on my truck on weekends or whatever is technically on duty time. If you were to come drive my truck around the block and I wasn’t logged on to eld it would ask me to claim any unassigned miles. I would put in the notes on my log that unassigned miles were from shop work. Test drive. As you start to learn your system you’ll no how to handle it. Also if it’s a company driver and it logs as duty time the administrator at the office can fix it for them with a phone call.

This is the part I'm not really getting. If your around your shop and you or a family member drive the truck around the block or stay within the 100 mile radius where you don't need to be logging, why is it asking to account for the miles. There is even an option in the big road eld app to turn on 100 mile radius, but doesn't change much with how the log book operates. If I'm within my radius why do I need to account for miles?

User's Signature: If it ain't broke, don't mean it won't be at some point.
replyreply
12-31-2017, (Subject: Elog cheat discovery ) 
(12-30-2017 )iceman Wrote:  This is the part I'm not really getting. If your around your shop and you or a family member drive the truck around the block or stay within the 100 mile radius where you don't need to be logging, why is it asking to account for the miles. There is even an option in the big road eld app to turn on 100 mile radius, but doesn't change much with how the log book operates. If I'm within my radius why do I need to account for miles?

You should likely complain to the ELD software vendor. I sounds like HOS rules are not being accurately reflected by what your ELD software wants.

Last I checked, HOS rules were FOR EACH INDIVIDUAL PERSON AND THEIR INDIVIDUAL DRIVING ACTIVITIES and not for the truck itself's motion or operation.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: iceman
(12-18-2017 )Rig Wrench Wrote:  I'm curious if you guys can answer this. Do your logs monitor every movement that your truck makes? Is there a maintenance mode that can be used for a repair shop? I ask because I make a 10 mile test loop around my shop, to dest drive, diagnose ect ect. Will that effect the operators hours if they get stopped? I ask this because I put about 40 miles on a customers truck last Saturday, and had it running on and off all day. He picked it up a few hours after I was done and headed to Kentucky(from upstate NY). Could that potentially cause an issue?
I've had no problems this far. Most work I do is on local run trucks, but occasionally I get an over the road unit in
Thanks

I am an owner operator, when my truck goes in the shop, I log OFF THE QUALCAM then the shop can drive it as far as they need to. When I get the truck back I log back on then put in comments truck was in the shop. That is how it works for me.
replyreply
(12-18-2017 )Rig Wrench Wrote:  I'm curious if you guys can answer this. Do your logs monitor every movement that your truck makes? Is there a maintenance mode that can be used for a repair shop? I ask because I make a 10 mile test loop around my shop, to dest drive, diagnose ect ect. Will that effect the operators hours if they get stopped? I ask this because I put about 40 miles on a customers truck last Saturday, and had it running on and off all day. He picked it up a few hours after I was done and headed to Kentucky(from upstate NY). Could that potentially cause an issue?
I've had no problems this far. Most work I do is on local run trucks, but occasionally I get an over the road unit in
Thanks

I am new to elogs also just a owner driver my company uses keep trucking ELD. The ELD will keep track of all driving done with the truck no matter if someone is logged in or not as a driver. Then when the driver returns to truck its ask when you sign in there is unclaimed driving events do you want to claim them you can either claim them or not ... I always do just to have a clean elog with nothing for the DOT to knit pick on ...
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Magard
While we are on the subject every truck needs a paper log book available in the truck even when on elogs. Don't have to fill it out but just as a backup.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rig Wrench , Sergiu , PuroCumminsPower

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.