Steer and drive hub nut size?
12-17-2017, (Subject: Steer and drive hub nut size? ) 
Steer and drive hub nut size?
Ordering tools online so I can work on a new to me truck when I get home for the holidays. Are the Locking and Main nuts on the hubs a standard size or do they vary? I need sockets. Thanks.

User's Signature: 2011 Prostar Cummins 871
replyreply
12-17-2017, (Subject: Steer and drive hub nut size? ) 
RE: Steer and drive hub nut size?
There are several different sizes for hub nuts depending on make and model axles you have. My own truck has a hendrickson front end and takes a 2.5" hub nut and chineese Dana rears that take a 4".

Look up the brand of hubs and axles you have and get the service manuals for them. Most can be found on the manufacturers web sites.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: DosGatos
12-18-2017, (Subject: Steer and drive hub nut size? ) 
Also some are 6 sided and some 8 sided.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: DosGatos , Rawze
12-18-2017, (Subject: Steer and drive hub nut size? ) 
I went to the dealer, had them look up the nuts for the steer and drive axles, and measured them so I could order the right sockets.

Take note if they are 6 or 8 point too.

Bought new OTC sockets on eBay.

If you change to pro-torque nuts, the sizes will change too. You will need the part numbers for the factory nuts to cross over to the pro torque part numbers.

User's Signature: 2010 T2000, CM871, 13spd, 977k, tanker yanker
Overhauled @ 927k
replyreply
 Thanks given by: DosGatos , Rawze

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.