Cummins Software
12-18-2017, (Subject: Cummins Software ) 
Cummins Software
First time owner of an isx cm2250. I am an owner operator with just one truck. I was wondering what software and connectors i need to change basic parameters like jake settings and such? Would also like to be able to do a parked Regen to monitor pressures after changing sensors. Is this possible to do with insite on a one time purchase or do i need an annual subscription? I guess what im asking what is the most cost effective for a small O/o that give me the most options?

User's Signature: If it ain't broke, don't mean it won't be at some point.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Alein2011
RE: Cummins Software
I was wondering about this also. I know Premium Tool Tech for Volvo you can buy the OEM software and then it’s 200$ a year IF you want it updated continually otherwise it is good to use without the subscription.

User's Signature: Born and raised in Vyskonsin on milk, cheese, bread, and beer!
replyreply
(12-18-2017 )iceman Wrote:  First time owner of an isx cm2250. I am an owner operator with just one truck. I was wondering what software and connectors i need to change basic parameters like jake settings and such? Would also like to be able to do a parked Regen to monitor pressures after changing sensors. Is this possible to do with insite on a one time purchase or do i need an annual subscription? I guess what im asking what is the most cost effective for a small O/o that give me the most options?

https://insite.cummins.com/faq/General.h..._Questions

I would have it, the less I have to rely on shops and "mobile parts changers" troubleshooting with my credit card the better.

Up front costs: The adapter I would just get the Nexiq USB link 2 and software will be around $1800~ depending on how much you can get the adapter for. Annually you will have to contact your Cummins distributor and see what they charge for LITE.

FWIW, The datalink adapter is tangible and you'll have to buy that no matter which way you go. Any of these will work INLINE 5, 6, 7 or Nexiq. The software is available, pirated, with some creative googling and patience you can get it.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: fargonaz , iceman
12-19-2017, (Subject: Cummins Software ) 
a much cheaper alternative. http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...8#pid13298
replyreply
 Thanks given by: iceman
12-20-2017, (Subject: Cummins Software ) 
(12-18-2017 )Moose Wrote:  
(12-18-2017 )iceman Wrote:  First time owner of an isx cm2250. I am an owner operator with just one truck. I was wondering what software and connectors i need to change basic parameters like jake settings and such? Would also like to be able to do a parked Regen to monitor pressures after changing sensors. Is this possible to do with insite on a one time purchase or do i need an annual subscription? I guess what im asking what is the most cost effective for a small O/o that give me the most options?

https://insite.cummins.com/faq/General.h..._Questions

I would have it, the less I have to rely on shops and "mobile parts changers" troubleshooting with my credit card the better.

Up front costs: The adapter I would just get the Nexiq USB link 2 and software will be around $1800~ depending on how much you can get the adapter for. Annually you will have to contact your Cummins distributor and see what they charge for LITE.

FWIW, The datalink adapter is tangible and you'll have to buy that no matter which way you go. Any of these will work INLINE 5, 6, 7 or Nexiq. The software is available, pirated, with some creative googling and patience you can get it.

Spoke with the folks at diesel laptops and they suggested the DrewlineQ for around $682.00. Have any of you guys had experience with this product vs the nexiq??

replyreply
I've never heard of it. Did they give you some references or a link?
replyreply
(12-20-2017 )Moose Wrote:  I've never heard of it. Did they give you some references or a link?

http://www.diesellaptops.com/DrewLinQ-He...EWLINQ.htm

replyreply
12-21-2017, (Subject: Cummins Software ) 
a chinese inline adapter and insite is only about $350 or so complete off fleabay, allibabba, etc. . The one I got has worked just fine since I got it back in 2011.

With as many problems as these newer engines have, if the red maker had some decency about them they would have included one free, or at least for a few hundred bucks with a permanent liscence for insite with every engine sale so that you can at least troubleshoot, do forced regen and calibrate turbo, etc. -- . Just my own twisted opinion any ways.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
12-21-2017, (Subject: Cummins Software ) 
I've never heard of that brand so I can't speak of it. It says it's RP1210 compliant which is what you need to connect with insite. The problem I have at that price point is you are within $20 of a genuine Nexiq USB link. The Chinese knock-offs are roughly half that.

Please don't go through someone like that unless you are looking for a multi-platform solution. If you need help with it all PM me.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.