ISX DPF Thank you.
03-26-2016, (Subject: ISX DPF Thank you. ) 
ISX DPF Thank you.
chatcub Wrote:The last 2 months have been hell. I'm on the verge of going under, but I have new hope for recovery. I didn't have the money to have someone else fix my truck (purchased in November 2015) Cummins initial estimate was $4,000 for a problem they couldn't explain the origins of. I laughed at the service writer and walked out because I knew better. New doser injector and the potential problem sensors replaced. A good start to eliminate faults. The truck limped along so I had the filter baked by the company shop, just to rule that out. Same regen faults continued. I took it back to the dealer to have them scan the codes and look for leads. I loved the phone call I got the next morning. Looks like your dpf is plugged......at least $1000 for cleaning. "Oh? Well the filter was just cleaned and has less than 50 miles on it." (Silence) lol. The best they could do is regen and see the numbers. Which were way better than a 3 year old serviceable dpf filter should be. .6 on the front and 1.3 on the outlet side. That's when I became suspicious of the differential pressure sensor. Didn't seem to raise any red flags with the tech. Long story short.....the coupler on the intake side going into the sensor was missing the zip strip that secured it locked. It became loose and worn and was leaking air. I decided to replace the sensor (for good measure) and fired it up for the best parked regen I've ever had. All codes stopped and my fuel milage went from 4.5 to 7.3. A tiny slim zip strip.......and over a month of down time has nearly ruined me. No one I've sought guidance from came even close. Lots of reading, lots of thinking, and paying attention to the smallest of details. Now I have a shot at recovery. Thanks.

Rob Chatlos
Bloomington, IN

Feel free to post my story on your blog/web page.

Sent from my iPhone

Sounds like he grabbed a wrench instead of just giving up. That is what I think all owner-ops should do to stay in business. The Dealer Network is not about to help us stay alive out here any more.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
03-27-2016, (Subject: ISX DPF Thank you. ) 
RE: ISX DPF Thank you.
I agree Rawze! It was you and your forum that gave me the gumption to just take on the biggest job I've ever taken on regarding repairs!

And the dealership? Bunch of worthless "technicians." They told me I needed a new water pump at a cost of over $2100 (because they would have to remove the turbo and everything?????). Shucks, there was one day that I was walking by the service manager's office and I chipperly asked, "So, are you building up a good crew?" His answer shocked me! He said, "No. Can't find any quality people to come to work. Found one, spent $35,000 getting him trained up and he immediately quit. There are lots of really good oilfield mechanics who have been laid off, but they are making it clear that they would leave as soon as the oilfield picks back up."

Wow.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.