Tire size thread...
12-19-2017, (Subject: Tire size thread... ) 
Tire size thread...
Figured I’d post this thread to help out with other guys the tire sizes and gear ratios.

Right now I am running 11r 22.5 on my 05 Volvo D12 with a 3.73 ratio. I run heavy, And I honestly could go to a higher gear ratio like 3.90 or even 4.11. But I know that it isnt cost effective to change the rear ends. So I am looking at tires and the size 275/70.225 caught my eye. I would buy all position tires since I do a lot of wear and tear on them and can continuously rotate them around. I understand that I have to get my Speedometer changed which is no big deal but I’m just curious to see if there’s any guys that are running these size (275/70) tires??

thanks in advance,

Alex

User's Signature: Born and raised in Vyskonsin on milk, cheese, bread, and beer!
replyreply
12-20-2017, (Subject: Tire size thread... ) 
RE: Tire size thread...
I have a rear discharge tanker that needed to be lower so I switched over to the 275/70r/22.5 Sumitomo ST727. Great tire, very happy.
replyreply
12-21-2017, (Subject: Tire size thread... ) 
I would not recommend an all position tire on the drive's. As they wear, i had problems keeping traction on wet roads. Seriously

User's Signature: It's hard to win an argument with a smart person, but it's damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Volvo8873
12-21-2017, (Subject: Tire size thread... ) 
(12-21-2017 )hhow55 Wrote:  I would not recommend an all position tire on the drive's. As they wear, i had problems keeping traction on wet roads. Seriously

Traction is definitely an issue with all positions on the drives. I tried this too and now have a spare set of 8 rims and tires for the front lol.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Volvo8873 , scottydogtruck
12-22-2017, (Subject: Tire size thread... ) 
Thanks, I will steer clear of the all position tires. Going to look more into diferent brands over holidays. Might go with 295’s if I can drop the rpm enough.

User's Signature: Born and raised in Vyskonsin on milk, cheese, bread, and beer!
replyreply
01-20-2018, (Subject: Tire size thread... ) 
Bought a set of TOYO M177 295/75 22.5 steer tires this time around. Hopefully these will wear longer than the cheap chinese tires Road Warrior 11r 22.5 which I had on before. I will never buy those for the steers again. The rears (Road Warrior) that I have on currently are wearing quite nice. I have noticed that I seem wear like iron in the winter compared to the summer and the grip is actually really good. Heard others talk about them doing good in the cold because of the softer compound but we wil see.

replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.