Best coolant to run in the isx?
01-08-2018, (Subject: Best coolant to run in the isx? ) 
RE: Best coolant to run in the isx?
I’m one to run green in everything. Maybe I should not but I dont know, I can tell you that I buy a gallon of full concentrate for 7.00 dollars a gallon at Menards then I buy a gallon of distilled water for .59 cents to use with it.

User's Signature: Born and raised in Vyskonsin on milk, cheese, bread, and beer!
replyreply
01-08-2018, (Subject: Best coolant to run in the isx? ) 
I flushed and refilled mine with prestone green with additive package. When ur pos springs a leak every 15-20k miles i couldnt argue with 7 bucks a concentrated gallon.
replyreply
01-09-2018, (Subject: Best coolant to run in the isx? ) 
I use the red TRP 50/50 from Peterbilt or KW. About $9 a gallon. That’s what they put in if they work on your truck. It has the inhibitor already in it. Just moniter with test strips. Does the job just fine.
replyreply
01-09-2018, (Subject: Best coolant to run in the isx? ) 
(01-08-2018 )Nilao Wrote:  I get the pre-diluated stuff for 2 reasons. 1, it’s easier. 2, tap water has impurities that lead to scale buildup on your liners and radiator tubes. If I do use concentrate I buy gallon jugs of distilled water to keep the system free of hard water deposits.

This is just what works for me.

Just curious. If you had to add about half a gallon of pre-diluted once in a while, would you worry about the glycol levels ?
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.