Best coolant to run in the isx?
12-23-2017, (Subject: Best coolant to run in the isx? ) 
RE: Best coolant to run in the isx?
I have talked to a lot of guys who use a lot of different cooling system products. I have even tried a few of them myself, some with night-mere results (even evans waterless -- absolute garbage!). Here has been my final conclusions...

Green or dex (orange) from wal-mart coolant == NOT REALLY MADE FOR A BIG RIG WITH WET LINERS!. Sure, you can make it work, but you have to keep adding s#it to it and you have to keep checking it, etc. Dex is also not able to mix with anything very well either. i have seen guys who have burned holes through their liners with green and dex both because they don;t keep after it regularly enough.

waterless -- just dont go there!!!.-- DON'T DO IT! -- http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...14#pid1114

OAT, purple, etc.etc. and anything that is NOT red ELC --- Some guys run those coolants and have good luck. Not to pick on them, but - (A). Harder to get when you need it and your in the middle of nowhere. and (B). costs more and you get no gains whatsoever over El-sheap-o red ELC (extended life coolant).

RED ELC (red extended life coolant). - Can be had at all truck stops + most auto stores and is only about $8 a gallon or so at many suppliers. This is what i recommend to others. WHY? -- (A) Its easy to get. (B) It is the most common used coolant in trucking. © its a truck repair shop standard. (D) I have seen engines go a million miles+ and never get any kind of liner pitting, rust, or any other problem even when guys don't maintain it properly. (D) it just works and you don't have to worry about it much.

No matter what coolant you use, I do recommend that no matter what type, even if your maintaining it, you should not let it get more than about 500k miles old (or every 4 years max), and that it be tested every once in a while to ensure it is not becoming a hidden, engine killing problem. Replacing it every so often helps greatly towards keeping contaminants and deposits from building up.

just my own conclusions, others may not agree.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: snailexpress , JMBT , dhirocz , rrod , iceman , Toolguy

Messages In This Thread
RE: Best coolant to run in the isx? - Rawze - 12-23-2017

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.