odd thing going on
12-23-2017, (Subject: odd thing going on ) 
odd thing going on
Well been having a odd thing going on with my truck.(07 w900 with a 870) as i was driving along every thing was going great then i hit a stop light then all the sudden the check eng. light comes on and the boost kicks up.but then as i as i'm going it turns off. and all is well.....untill i hit another stop and it does it again.. then the next light its fine..:huh:
Any suggestions as i don't want to take it to a so called "tec" who will give me that look and say i can't find any codes, so there's nothin wrong with it...and i don't want to go to jail for assault :@
for the smartass look they give ya like you don't know sh!t and your seeing the same.
Looking to dig into this as soon as it warms up a bit as it was 9 degs out this morning.(i need to build a garage:-/)
replyreply
12-23-2017, (Subject: odd thing going on ) 
RE: odd thing going on
Get Insite connected to it and see what the codes were for. Maybe post a screen shot of all the active and inactive codes.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
01-07-2018, (Subject: odd thing going on ) 
Well here's the update on this one...
Since this still has a warranty on it i took it over to Cummins in billings mt, and they got me in quick(SHOCK!!)as the one down in Henderson co. was swamped (week to wait) so i told them what was going on,and after a bit they came back with the skinny on it.
it turn's out it had a bad actuator and ......wait for it.........a EGR valve.(SHOCK) explains the egt temp. So all is well...for now, time to get this over to someone to tune it up as the warranty will be up in 20 days or so...
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze , Wiseman
(01-07-2018 )stevesparts Wrote:  Well here's the update on this one...
Since this still has a warranty on it i took it over to Cummins in billings mt, and they got me in quick(SHOCK!!)as the one down in Henderson co. was swamped (week to wait) so i told them what was going on,and after a bit they came back with the skinny on it.
it turn's out it had a bad actuator and ......wait for it.........a EGR valve.(SHOCK) explains the egt temp. So all is well...for now, time to get this over to someone to tune it up as the warranty will be up in 20 days or so...

I will say that cummins in billings wasn't half bad. Is Rocky still the service manger? He tried to sell me a rebuild but once he knew I wasn't having it, things went well. They went along with all of my requests
replyreply
An actuator and an EGR valve, that’s about $2100 in just those two parts, plus odds and ends, and labor!! Good thing it was under warranty! Sounds a like typical Cummins shop, pick out a couple really expensive parts and replace them!!

User's Signature: Anti-seize EVERYTHING, Except injectors...Use Petroleum Jelly!!!
replyreply
01-08-2018, (Subject: odd thing going on ) 
Yep, Rocky still there gave me a ride to the motel :)
and i did get a look at what the bill would have been like 2700.00 it was a quick look but that's what i remember,but since it was under warranty and i didn't have to do it all the better.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.