broke a Exhaust bolt
12-24-2017, (Subject: broke a Exhaust bolt ) 
broke a Exhaust bolt
I snapped the exhaust bolt on number 1 on the bottom.. This thing is so rusted it won't move at all. i tried with heat nothing.. It ended up snapping and i got no clue how to get this bolt out. What is the best way on removing this bolt so i don't gotta have my truck towed to a shop just to fix it. All 11 other bolts are fine just this one its almost like its been on there for 50 years:/
replyreply
RE: broke a Exhaust bolt
Center punch it then drill with a small bit all the way through the bolt. Soak it with 50\50 mix of diesel and Atf. Let set a couple of hours then use the right size bit for the ease out you are using. Keep spraying the mix as you drill. The heat will help draw the mix into the threads. Let it cool after you get the hole in the bolt. Then use the ease out. Rules are always drill in the center. Keep the bit wet and straight. Never force the ease out .. If you break the ease out. Try using a chisel in the opposite direction to remove it. Sorry I'm on my phone.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: JMBT , Pete1990
I believe acetone and atf work's well as a penetrating solution, to free rusted bolts.

User's Signature: It's hard to win an argument with a smart person, but it's damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person
replyreply
 Thanks given by: JMBT , Pete1990
12-25-2017, (Subject: broke a Exhaust bolt ) 
Use an ease-out set and an ease-out drill bit. they are designed to spin counterclockwise while drilling to help get it out.

50/50 atf and acetone mix (not diesel) is your best friend. It beats all other penetrating oils by a large margin.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Pete1990
This is where you need a cats mentality when hunting; slow steady movements, no rushing in to reach the final results. Patience, patience.

User's Signature: "KW is my choice of trucks"
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Pete1990
Yeah i bought a easy out drill bit just haven't messed with it sense i bought it. im scared to go and try that then break the drill bit then im more trouble lol.
replyreply
The idea is to keep the drill bit from becoming hot, using a light oil while drilling will help.

User's Signature: It's hard to win an argument with a smart person, but it's damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person
replyreply
So i drilled a hole with a normal drill bit to help with the left handed drill bit. The left handded drill bit won't even cut it at all..
replyreply
You are using a reversable drill? Seems wrong to ask that question.....
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.