broke a Exhaust bolt
12-25-2017, (Subject: broke a Exhaust bolt ) 
RE: broke a Exhaust bolt
I drilled about half way thru the bolt should i drill all the way?
replyreply
The deeper the better.

User's Signature: It's hard to win an argument with a smart person, but it's damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person
replyreply
You can do two things.

A. Weld a nut on the end of the stud and try to turn it out. Did a lot of Cat Exhaust manifolds with snapped studs.

B. This is a harder way but still do able.
Heat up the stud and surface around stud.

Center punch stud, get cheap 1/4 allen socket and pound it into center of stud. Spray stud with wd 40 and screw out
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze , simon999
12-27-2017, (Subject: broke a Exhaust bolt ) 
I've done some cat manifold studs by sticking a flat washer over the stud. One that just fits over. Then I find a nut to put on top of this and mig or now I tig weld up the center of the nut to the stud. Let cool completely and put a wrench on this nut and work it back and forth. I've had great success doing this.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze
12-30-2017, (Subject: broke a Exhaust bolt ) 
Well i got the bolt out with a tool made for ISX broken bolts. Problem is the back of the hole part is messed up i think? Threads are fine in the front so i ran the tap thru to try and make some threads in the back. Looks like they are there BUT after u start tighting the bolt down it spins lose again. Think i need a Helicoil.
replyreply
12-30-2017, (Subject: broke a Exhaust bolt ) 
http://www.acmeindustrial.com/insert_comparison.html

Has anyone tried this product?

User's Signature: It's hard to win an argument with a smart person, but it's damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person
replyreply
 Thanks given by: gatow900
12-31-2017, (Subject: broke a Exhaust bolt ) 
(12-30-2017 )hhow55 Wrote:  http://www.acmeindustrial.com/insert_comparison.html

Has anyone tried this product?

Genuine Heli-coil is the very best out there. Pricy but worth every red cent.

I used to use them on milling machines back in the day for stripped out decks where guys would clamp, loosen, and re-clamp work pieces a hundred times a day, day after day, year after year, and nothing was tougher than Heli-coil ... nothing. those damn things would last 2-3x longer than the original threads in something, and when you did finally wear out a heli-coil, you pull it out with a pair of needle-nose and install another one right in its place and go again.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: hhow55 , fargonaz , Dtruck , Chamberpains

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.