Hoping a new boost sensor gets me going
12-26-2017, (Subject: Hoping a new boost sensor gets me going ) 
Hoping a new boost sensor gets me going

So as I posted under another posting previously in members only section " turbo actuator code " tried to leave today early morning got up on the highway and immediately got another code they are intermittent codes as soon as you stop to check them they go away. they were turbo actuator codes.. so I priced out turbo actuators and turbo's as they seem to fail in pairs . I decide to start at the other end of the line it was cheaper and easier I replaced the boost pressure switch that was completely carboned up hoping it solves my problems a turbo from cummins was $4,800 so I pray when I get out on the big road in morning that sensor did the trick ... Wish me luck I attached a picture of the replaced sensor ... I don't have cummins insight to check actually codes numbers or clear them or to calibrate a actuator ..
replyreply
 Thanks given by: gatow900
12-26-2017, (Subject: Hoping a new boost sensor gets me going ) 
RE: Hoping a new boost sensor gets me going
The sensor you posted, is not a boost pressure switch. It is an intake manifold pressure sensor [IMAP].
Also, an egr tuneup is badly needed. Rawze has a video, showing how to do it.

User's Signature: It's hard to win an argument with a smart person, but it's damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person
replyreply
 Thanks given by: seldomseen , Rawze , scottydogtruck
12-27-2017, (Subject: Hoping a new boost sensor gets me going ) 

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: seldomseen , hhow55
Ok guys it didn't work I left today and within miles it was throwing code again what's my next step after I unload this truck and Give these cars back to dispatch for another driver :( IT'S GOING TO THE TURBO AND ACTUATOR ISN,T IT ?

Also where can I buy insight for my computer if I am going to own this truck with this garbage EGR engine and I refuse to go to repairs shops anymore I will be doing this out in the cold in a parking lot !!! Not paying 10 k to have a turbo put on !! JUST NOT GONNA !

I HATE DOING STUFF MYSELF but looks like I have no choice so any help with picking up insight and a turbo cheap would greatly be appreciated

Thanks
replyreply
What part of the country are you in? Maybe we have a few people on here with shops may help out. We are in Ga if you make it this far. And do you have the code it keep throwing?
replyreply
 Thanks given by: seldomseen , Rawze
(12-27-2017 )Mr Hagg Wrote:  What part of the country are you in? Maybe we have a few people on here with shops may help out. We are in Ga if you make it this far. And do you have the code it keep throwing?

I am in Smyrna Tn and I can't access the codes no insight how far are you I could drive to you after I unload the load of cars that's presently on the truck which I can't seem to be able to deliver and give back to my company I haul for .... would I make it to you it keeps throwing shut down code for turbo actuator but I stop as soon as it throws it and it goes away then I can drive again until it throws it again but I am afraid to leave town with the load like that ,,, I really need help nobody has cummins insight I can't get anyone who can trouble shoot it except for the stealerships and cummins who already probably caused all this doing my oil leaks they damage my radiator for sure its leaking :( its unreal .... any advice or help would greatly be appreciated my turbo is the non aftermarket type available only through dealer or manufracturer :( I'm really getting hurt bad been down for a very long time now December 6 is the last load this truck pulled for revenue it's been at cummins for that long and loaded with this new problem since Christmas eve Help Help !!! cummins charged me $5k for oil leaks fix ... I should have never took it in to get fix was trying to be DOT compliant oil leaks were getting bad .... I should have just ignored them like everyone else and hoped I didn't get dot insp and kept adding oil ... I should just demand the whole thing period .. any suggestions appreciated thanks Tom
replyreply
(12-27-2017 )seldomseen Wrote:  I am in Smyrna Tn and I can't access the codes no insight how far are you I could drive to you after I unload the load of cars that's presently on the truck which I can't seem to be able to deliver and give back to my company I haul for .... would I make it to you it keeps throwing shut down code for turbo actuator but I stop as soon as it throws it and it goes away then I can drive again until it throws it again but I am afraid to leave town with the load like that ,,, I really need help nobody has cummins insight I can't get anyone who can trouble shoot it except for the stealerships and cummins who already probably caused all this doing my oil leaks they damage my radiator for sure its leaking :( its unreal .... any advice or help would greatly be appreciated my turbo is the non aftermarket type available only through dealer or manufracturer :( I'm really getting hurt bad been down for a very long time now December 6 is the last load this truck pulled for revenue it's been at cummins for that long and loaded with this new problem since Christmas eve Help Help !!! cummins charged me $5k for oil leaks fix ... I should have never took it in to get fix was trying to be DOT compliant oil leaks were getting bad .... I should have just ignored them like everyone else and hoped I didn't get dot insp and kept adding oil ... I should just demand the whole thing period .. any suggestions appreciated thanks Tom

this pretty much sums it up...
http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...7#pid19947

If you can limp it to Mr. Hags, that is a very good option.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: JMBT
im about 50 miles south of atlanta ga I 75 exit 205 about 7 mile from there
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze , JMBT , seldomseen

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.