Service Ranger 4...Bueller?........Bueller?........Anyone?......Anyone?
12-24-2017, (Subject: Service Ranger 4...Bueller?........Bueller?........Anyone?......Anyone? ) 
Help with Service Ranger 4, configuration modes
So, My wife just got Service Ranger 4 up and running for me and I was hoping to configure my Autoshift Gen 3 shift settings a bit to get it to shift down sooner, (or at a higher RPM), for heavier loads. The stock configuration is "Cummins ISX 2007/2010" in the value window. It often lets the engine drag down to 1000 or 1100 rpm before a downshift, prompting me to go to manual mode an downshift more appropriately when heavy.
In the configurations value window there are many choices to replace what I have, but I am not sure what to select. The help window offers no explanation of the different calibration programs, only how to change configurations.
There are options ranging from 1800 to 2400 RPM, and standard, performance, low inertia, mid inertia modes of each RPM setting??? What do these mean?? Also "gear fast /run slow" options for the different RPM ranges. I am at a complete loss here.

As always any info would be appreciated. Thanks!

User's Signature: Anti-seize EVERYTHING, Except injectors...Use Petroleum Jelly!!!
replyreply
12-26-2017, (Subject: Service Ranger 4...Bueller?........Bueller?........Anyone?......Anyone? ) 
Wink Service Ranger 4...Bueller?........Bueller?........Anyone?......Anyone?
I posted about this the other day and got no response. Thought I would try again. Can anyone offer a bit of insite on the shift configuration modes in Service Ranger 4? What do they mean? For example: 1800 rpm standard, vs. 1800 rpm performance, or low inertia, medium inertia, and so on. Thanks!

User's Signature: Anti-seize EVERYTHING, Except injectors...Use Petroleum Jelly!!!
replyreply
12-27-2017, (Subject: Service Ranger 4...Bueller?........Bueller?........Anyone?......Anyone? ) 
RE: Service Ranger 4...Bueller?........Bueller?........Anyone?......Anyone?
I did not answer you because I have never messed with one. Maybe someone else who has can chime in.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: JMBT
12-27-2017, (Subject: Service Ranger 4...Bueller?........Bueller?........Anyone?......Anyone? ) 
Thanks Rawze!! No worries! Just thought I would run it up the pole again and see if there were any takers!

replyreply
I don't have SR4 only 3. I don't have all those choices you have but the best way to find out what each mode does is try it. In my experience it won't let you do anything to screw it up.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: JMBT
Need to look at insite first to make sure all parameters are maxed out. Like the gear down protection. If it is set low need to either disable it or turn it to max speed. Also there is one for heavy load RPM low and high setting. Try and put 2100 in some will not take it as 1800 is max. Try that should help some. As far as the service ranger not sure. I have the service ranger 3 and had to get another pass word to make it where you can change shift points. Not sure if you have the option open on the one you have but if you do the left hand corner you will see tabs open it i think programming or something Ill have to look and see. But it will say shift points. It will also allow you to say which gear you start out in etc.. but if your version of service ranger is not open for that it you will not see that option.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: JMBT , ClarkWGriswald
12-28-2017, (Subject: Service Ranger 4...Bueller?........Bueller?........Anyone?......Anyone? ) 
Schism and Mr Hagg, thanks for the info. Mr Hagg, I will hook up and look to see if I have the tabs on service ranger and check my Insite settings as well as soon as I get a chance! Thanks again

replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.