Fault code 2754 - CM2250
03-26-2016, (Subject: Fault code 2754 - CM2250 ) 
Fault code 2754 - CM2250
Yet another DPF related code.. Came on while just going down the road a little bit after climbing a grade. I was running empty.

Fault 2754- DPF Filter Intake pressure valid but above norm.

Truck has new EGR Valve, IMAP sensor, backpressure sensor, dpf was cleaned at the beginning of the month, and cleaned up the differential pressure sensor (new one is not playing nice)

User's Signature: 2012 Cascadia ISX15 CM2250
replyreply
RE: Fault code 2754 - CM2250
Did you check/replace the tubes that go to the Differential Pressure Sensor mounted on the DPF? You may have some residual junk/crap stuck in the tubes. Also check and see if you have the tubes as straight as possible from the sensor to the connection to the DPF...Cummins says condensation can get in the tubes and not drain back down to the DPF after shutdown, causing a blockage to the sensor.

Just a thought....

User's Signature: You want how much?
replyreply
How old is the doser injector? they only last about 300k miles or so, and even then, it is only if your cleaning it regularly.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
03-27-2016, (Subject: Fault code 2754 - CM2250 ) 
(03-26-2016 )scottydogtruck Wrote:  Did you check/replace the tubes that go to the Differential Pressure Sensor mounted on the DPF? You may have some residual junk/crap stuck in the tubes. Also check and see if you have the tubes as straight as possible from the sensor to the connection to the DPF...Cummins says condensation can get in the tubes and not drain back down to the DPF after shutdown, causing a blockage to the sensor.

Just a thought....

I'll check that out. Only thing I did was clean the sensor.

(03-26-2016 )Rawze Wrote:  How old is the doser injector? they only last about 300k miles or so, and even then, it is only if your cleaning it regularly.

Don't have any idea on if the doser is original. I tried to take a look inside the exhaust pipe coming off the turbo, but started to run out of time. Plus, I didn't have the proper tools. Once I can get a couple days soon, I'll take a look at it again.

User's Signature: 2012 Cascadia ISX15 CM2250
replyreply
03-28-2016, (Subject: Fault code 2754 - CM2250 ) 
Also take a look at your regen history there is alot to be learned from the time frame and diff pressure readings. Also rev up motor to about 1400 rpm sitting still and compare dpf diff pressure from readings at 700rpm, the readings should change and should not go above 3.0
replyreply
09-03-2020, (Subject: Fault code 2754 - CM2250 ) 
I know this seems like an old thread but I’ve been battling this code for 3 months. I’ve baked filters, replaced doser, egr valve, dpf pressure sensor, egr pressure sensor, Nox and throttle valve. We ran a running diagnostics pulling a load, temps good and 0% ash. Soot levels drops nicely but go back up within an hour of driving. Thinking it might be over fueling? Kicked light for excessive regens as well. Anybody have ideas? Bad injector maybe? 2013 Cummins ISX15
replyreply
(09-03-2020 )PinneyKW Wrote:  I know this seems like an old thread but I’ve been battling this code for 3 months. I’ve baked filters, replaced doser, egr valve, dpf pressure sensor, egr pressure sensor, Nox and throttle valve. We ran a running diagnostics pulling a load, temps good and 0% ash. Soot levels drops nicely but go back up within an hour of driving. Thinking it might be over fueling? Kicked light for excessive regens as well. Anybody have ideas? Bad injector maybe? 2013 Cummins ISX15

some more detail on the history of truck? .. miles, year, make, model? etc.

2013 would imply an ISX CM2350?

also, when the cans were baked out, were they also de-ashed and flow tested, etc?. Did anyone do a maintenance reset procedure with insite when the cans were done to reset the ash and soot level counters inside the ecm too?

anyone check the decomp tube and DEF injector, etc?... ref: http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...07#pid1807

Any oil consumption? -- coolant consumption?

what is the avg. fuel mileage according to the pump and not the dash?

anyone do oil sampling to see how sooty the oil was getting?

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: PinneyKW
It’s a 2014 Kenworth T700 with 68200 miles on it. Both doc and dpf filters and cans were replaced at 500k. And just had them baked due to premature blockage about 5k miles ago. Left the shop and within 2 hrs I could hear my turbo spooling up like it was regening. Took back to the shop because assumed an exhaust leak but they said no leaks. I am not certain if they reset the counters in the ecm but I can ask them. Flow was good, boxes inspected good and so did the filters.

Oil consumption is maybe 2-3 gallons in between changes depending on mileage. No blow by and had overhead done this weekend and only had a few needed adjusting. I have noticed with this Cummins when I get over 15k on oil it starts to consume it.

Coolant consumption: I put a gallon in it since January. Supposedly the shop checked egr and it wasn’t leaking.

No oil sample and def injector is about 1.5 yrs old. Not sure what the real fuel avg is but on the dash used to be about 6.8-7. (Loaded) and now it’s down to 6.5. Correct on the 2350. Insite is recommendations say injector isolation test but I don’t have what I need and it’s 6k for a whole set, lol
replyreply
Forgot to mention. Decomp tubes blown out no blockage. But when I changed dpf pressure sensor it was full of condensation and I’ve cleaned it out twice. That doesn’t seem right but I guess it could be from the frequent regens
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.