Same Story DIfferent Truck
12-31-2017, (Subject: Same Story DIfferent Truck ) 
Same Story DIfferent Truck
I feel like thats just how it is . Same story different truck . I want to thank any replies before hand . I bought this truck 8 months ago . 4 months were absolutely amazing had no problems what so ever .
i have been fighting this "problem" for 4 months and counting.
This is my story ...
-Im a local driver in south California mostly L.A. area . i avg about 200 miles a day. I do not idle the truck while loading or off loading . Traffic is a big part of my day .
-i avg about 25k lbs . loads
-Im 27 yrs young and this is my FIRST egr. dpf . scr . truck and have no experience and neither do alot of driver around me . They mostly own older rigs with a aftermarket dpf
My symptoms ...
-Frequent regens . Im gettign about 250 mile range between regens sometimes the truck will do start a passive and for some reason stop and then ill get a regen light . thus pulling over and having to do a parked regen .
- I have dont a partial egr cleaning .. ive cleaned the sensor ports, crossover tube, and partially cleand the intake manifold . im nervous of a bolt breaking .
-Ive changed all the sensors . imap, egr pressure , Bp, Exhaust Bp, dpf temp sensorS , diff. pressure .
- Baked the dpf .
-Replaced 7th injector . all cummins parts ..
-my Fuel mileage went from . 6.8 avg. to 6.0. mpg

Some mechanic said it might be the turbo . but i he said that without any testing
any help is greatly appreciated.. i dont want to do no tuning .. thank you god bless
replyreply
01-01-2018, (Subject: Same Story DIfferent Truck ) 
RE: Same Story DIfferent Truck
Dr ISX is over in Vegas, someone here has his contact info, I would make a trip and fix that truck. ;-)
replyreply
 Thanks given by: JHNDZ
01-01-2018, (Subject: Same Story DIfferent Truck ) 
what make and model truck? What make/model engine? - Mileage?

hp settings? rear ratios and speeds you drive?

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: JHNDZ
01-09-2018, (Subject: Same Story DIfferent Truck ) 
(01-01-2018 )Rawze Wrote:  what make and model truck? What make/model engine? - Mileage?

hp settings? rear ratios and speeds you drive?

Hey Rawze what a pleasure to get a response from you thank you ..
The TRUCK is Freightliner Cascadia yr. 2013
Engine . The best lol CUMMINS ISX 2250 yr 2012 .. DEF SCR.
HP .. rated at 450 ... Current mileage 550xxx

My avg. speed is usually 60 mph .. With an avg. cargo weight of 25k...
This week ive noticed the truck getting worse .. regen occurring every 150 miles and when it starts a passive ... as im climbing a hill or put it a heavy tow .. it will throw white blueish smoke
Sometimes .. even after i do a parked regen she feels like she has a small torque derate ..
ive seen the regen history with a mecanic in Fontana .CA. and from what ive learned here they seem normal .. temps going 1100 .. and the pressure being below 2.0 .. And all it does is confuse me more ..
i feel that my mpg avg has gone down due to .. too many parked regens ..

Thanks again .. this post has given me hope .. trying to hold on a little longer ..
replyreply
(01-01-2018 )Waterloo Wrote:  Dr ISX is over in Vegas, someone here has his contact info, I would make a trip and fix that truck. ;-)

Is there anyone is California .. ?? So. cal .. i dont have any permits other than CA.
i feel it would be a little suspicious coming back ?? lol .. i wont be able to get any loads because im only INTRA state ..
replyreply
(01-09-2018 )JHNDZ Wrote:  
(01-01-2018 )Waterloo Wrote:  Dr ISX is over in Vegas, someone here has his contact info, I would make a trip and fix that truck. ;-)

Is there anyone is California .. ?? So. cal .. i dont have any permits other than CA.
i feel it would be a little suspicious coming back ?? lol .. i wont be able to get any loads because im only INTRA state ..

If they question you. Tell them you were using it for personal conveyance. You went to meet a guy who was interested in buying it. You met him in Vegas. He didn't have the amount agreed upon so now your headed home.
replyreply
01-10-2018, (Subject: Same Story DIfferent Truck ) 
25k and 60 mph, I would be breaking 9 mpg everywhere out there(or 8 in a newer engine any ways). You have something seriously wrong.

Emissions problems are ALWAYS ALWAYS the RESULT of engine and/or sensor problems. At 550k i doubt you will be able to keep the emissions systems happy any more. Pull the DPF and DOC and take pictures of their faces, then go have them baked for a few hundred bucks. Post the pics on the forum for some opinions.

Those engines are notorious for NOX sensors to go bad without throwing codes too. Howe old are they? They typically live about 200-300k miles and then read wrong, causing a lot of ghost problems.

When is the last time the decomp tube was inspected and the DEF injector cleaned, filter for it changed>?

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
I would start from shopping your own Inline adapter and installing Insite. You can monitor the engine and post here your question. $300-400 investment will save you a lot of money.
Before yor adapter arrives check all exhaust for leaking. I have seen a lot of mechanic didn't install gaskets when they change doser injector or installed them not properly. Same about DPF can gaskets after DPF baking. Flex pipe right after doser injector downstream could have leaks as well. Did you inspect SCR and DEF pipe and doser for clogging. It will cause huge EGP and low DPF differential pressure readings. ECM will go crazy.
All info where and how you can find on this awesome forum.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Waterloo
I was just like you 2 weeks ago. Passive regens every 3 hrs. It was getting annoying. I bought new def injector, def filter, def hose, doser injector, 7th injector, both nox sensors 2 months ago. dpf and doc cleaned 150k ago when I bought the truck with 455k now has 615k. I finally decided time to demandate it. This is the way to go. I was just like u i didn't want a tune or demandate because all the horror stories. But after talking a couple of buddy's that have done it I was ready to do it. These problems will leave u broke guessing to see what part it is. Mechanics ripping you off. located in southern Cali too.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.