2nd air gauge not working
04-12-2016, (Subject: 2nd air gauge not working ) 
RE: 2nd air gauge not working
(04-12-2016 )Wiseman Wrote:  
(04-12-2016 )allan82782 Wrote:  I have an 08 prostar with a cummins isx and I been having issues with my air dryer the problems are my primary and secondary air gauges rises to 150 psi then the emergency blow off valve sets off. I replaced the governor and still no luck so recently I replace the entire air dry and it seem to work for a week or so then ride back to the same issue again I'm starting to think it is my air compressor but before I spend that kind of money I want another opinions.

Replacing air dryer and governor is a good ting you did . The problem in your case is most likely in the compressor head . More precisely the unloader piston moving the plate back and forth. There's O-ring on it . What's happening is compressor gets air from intake manifold . Unfortunately there's not only clean fresh air but also recirculating EXHAUST gases containing a lot of black stuff that kills engines and compressors ....and our pockets . I hope you got the picture. It's up to you to replace the whole compressor or only head or repair the poor thing yourself.

Thanks you answered my question I will be replacing the whole compressor.
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
RE: 2nd air gauge not working - Unilevers - 03-26-2016,
RE: 2nd air gauge not working - allan82782 - 04-12-2016

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.