Flywheel housing gasket replacement
01-10-2018, (Subject: Flywheel housing gasket replacement ) 
RE: Flywheel housing gasket replacement
The transmission ? ... About redoing " mrkentee "....
Now I am not trying to be a smart ass here , honestly .
Yes maybe you should do it but here a a few facts
We pull very heavy up here 140,000 lbs , is very common on soft hiways , off-road , mountains .
Again I am not saying a lot of people don't work there trucks , don't get me wrong !
I pull 140,000 every day off road in bad country all over northern Alberta and b.c in bad conditions . What I do is light weight compared to this guy ^^^^^^^^.
My dad has 2.8 million on his transmission pulling this kinds of weight , tanks , and moving rigs which is all very hard on sh!t . It's never been touched , although the original tran blow up at 200 k due to driver error. his back diff has never been opened up .

So I geuss what I am trying to say is sometimes just go with it to a certain point . I know guys every time they do a clutch they put in a reman trans . Would I "no " never ... Would I have it gone though at same point yes . But with a little care and love some things can really amaze you at there longitivtiy. yes I would do your clutch . I would not worry about your trans unless you have a reason too. The next time you pull everything apart ,then I would . I really don't know sh!t about most things , including trying to run a business . But I would not put $ in to the trans at that point in time , again unless you have reason to believe you should . I don't know your truck .
I hope my little rant makes a little sense to a different side of things . Also I don't know the type of work you do either .

User's Signature: The missing link
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Mrkentee

Messages In This Thread
RE: Flywheel housing gasket replacement - the missing link - 01-10-2018

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.