Flywheel housing gasket replacement
01-10-2018, (Subject: Flywheel housing gasket replacement ) 
RE: Flywheel housing gasket replacement
(01-10-2018 )Ragindirt Wrote:  Lost my clutch brake yesterday; dinged up the input shift some, and granny is getting harder to select down to low. 10 speed in truck currently, if synchronizing gear is shot or any other gears I am opting to install a 15, anybody have a name of good eaton shop in the middle of US.

Don't pull 100K but 5 days a week 84K+ through the flint hills.
A 15 is good , lots of bottom gears but the top end sucks . Personally I would go with a 18 or a 13 . The 13 you can't spilt the bottom side but can the top . I would be lost without a 18 anymore .
I had a 15 in a body job sand truck , great in that application because you always could have proper rpm for speed you wanted for the pto . The top side just took a little longer climbing hills .
With that being side all I have ever ran are 13/18 .
I would pull out of the yard with that 15 and jake shift a pile of gears and the guys would look out of the shop figuring I was doing 40 km/ hr and I would just be crawing , hahaha
P.s a 18 or 13 will give you a 250 rpm split a 15 on the top side is 500 rpm ... That's a big difference

User's Signature: The missing link
replyreply
 Thanks given by: LargeCar , Toolguy

Messages In This Thread
RE: Flywheel housing gasket replacement - the missing link - 01-10-2018

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.