Any good places to demandate a CM870 in South Dakota
01-06-2018, (Subject: Any good places to demandate a CM870 in South Dakota ) 
Any good places to demandate a CM870 in South Dakota
Any good places to demandate my truck? I’ve read the posts on egr maintenance but have decided to just have it removed. It has 880,000 on it right now with all original equipment on it with exception of egr valve(on its 3rd one). I plan on putting on the hard parts on myself and having the ecm programmed. After some reading on here, I’m a little Leary on where it goes to get programmed. Any help is appreciated.
replyreply
RE: Any good places to demandate a CM870 in South Dakota
Gearhead is your man... http://www.pricesdieselrepair.com
replyreply
 Thanks given by: bulldog77
Yup, a trip to Gearhead, have Unilevers do it, or a trip to Mr. Hag down in Atlanta. Otherwise, it is not likely do be righrt. 95% of all those de-mandate shops are terrible out there.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Dakotakid , bulldog77 , Drybulktanker , Waterloo
02-04-2018, (Subject: Any good places to demandate a CM870 in South Dakota ) 
{link removed}

Anyone with experience on link above?
replyreply
(02-04-2018 )bulldog77 Wrote:  {name removed}

Anyone with experience on link above?

Seems to be a device that hooks to the EGR valve and Delta-P sensor to fool the feedback data...

Total Garbage!!!!!

So it fools the ECM into thinking there is egr gas when there is none... Timing advance and other combustion processes are set too far forward and the engine ends up with too much internal friction. -- Shortened engine life and dropped liners after a while, especially on a higher HP engine.

there is an idiot device around every corner of the Internet. -- sad indeed.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: hhow55 , Wiseman , Waterloo
Id second going to gear heads if you have to get it done close
replyreply
 Thanks given by: hhow55
02-05-2018, (Subject: Any good places to demandate a CM870 in South Dakota ) 
(01-06-2018 )Rawze Wrote:  Yup, a trip to Gearhead, have Unilevers do it, or a trip to Mr. Hag down in Atlanta. Otherwise, it is not likely do be righrt. 95% of all those de-mandate shops are terrible out there.

I will vouch for Rawze on that. I worked the oil fields in ND, and bad tunes were the norm up there, and they were not cheap. It was ugly what they do up there to these trucks, and then charge you out the rear end to destroy your motor.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: hhow55
02-05-2018, (Subject: Any good places to demandate a CM870 in South Dakota ) 
I've spoke with some truck repair shops about their demandate process. Most shops not all are just concerned about lining their pockets short term. A lot have not done a proper vetting process to find a good file source.

User's Signature: The fastest way to learn is to make a mistake. If it costs me $ I learn pretty quickly. It's cheaper to learn from someone else's mistakes.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Waterloo
04-05-2018, (Subject: Any good places to demandate a CM870 in South Dakota ) 
My old truck had a cm870 and I just unplugged the egr valve it throws an electrical fault but operates just ok, put over 200k on it with no issues, idk if that is something you want to do but it is an option that I have tested myself and it worked.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.