Any good places to demandate a CM870 in South Dakota
04-05-2018, (Subject: Any good places to demandate a CM870 in South Dakota ) 
RE: Any good places to demandate a CM870 in South Dakota
I’ve tried that. Didn’t care for it. Truck lost power and lost some boost Still debating it with 914000 on the engine. Might just wait till I have to do a inframe.
replyreply
04-06-2018, (Subject: Any good places to demandate a CM870 in South Dakota ) 
Bulldog77 I wouldn't be afraid to have it done at that mileage. I don't know when you plan on doing the in frame but if you're planning on letting it go for another 300000 or so, having the D mandate done now will be keeping the soot out of the engine and allow you to take a little less risk in pushing into those miles. There would be really no downside to it. But I can't recommend strongly enough that if you're going into those miles you definitely want to have your main bearings replaced. That's what the ultimately got mine at 1.15 million there was nothing wrong with the cylinder and pistons and the head had some heat cracks from a piss poor D mandate I had in it causing a lot of excessive heat and pressure but was holding its own fairly well.
replyreply
04-06-2018, (Subject: Any good places to demandate a CM870 in South Dakota ) 
(01-06-2018 )bulldog77 Wrote:  Any good places to demandate my truck? I’ve read the posts on egr maintenance but have decided to just have it removed. It has 880,000 on it right now with all original equipment on it with exception of egr valve(on its 3rd one). I plan on putting on the hard parts on myself and having the ecm programmed. After some reading on here, I’m a little Leary on where it goes to get programmed. Any help is appreciated.

Simply unplugging and running with the CEL light on derates the turbo (it will spike 34 psi then fall back to 32) but not really the power. Turbo runs hotter than it should and it shortens its life-span by about 1/3. - Getting a proper de-mandate is the correct solution if you live in a country where that kind of stuff is legal.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.