Oil bypass still needed after....?
01-10-2018, (Subject: Oil bypass still needed after....? ) 
Oil bypass still needed after....?
Is it a good idea to keep my amsoil bypass kit installed on my cm2250 after demandate? I've had it for 150k truck now has 618k. Just wondering if I still need it?
replyreply
RE: Oil bypass still needed after....?
never hurts.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Brock
Dang ur fast rawze...haha. I'll just keep it for piece of mind...thanks rawze
replyreply
01-11-2018, (Subject: Oil bypass still needed after....? ) 
I agree with Rawze "never hurts", But I will also tell you this, Mine has been demandated about 50K now, currently at 647K, and I do not have a bypass filter system. Prior to the deman. the oil was black as tar immediately after an oil change. After the deman I did 3 oil changes around 8K each, to try and get all of the soot out, then went back to my regular interval 15-18K. I can't imagine my oil being any cleaner! Still golden honey colored with 15+K on it.
Someone had mentioned to me when I demandated, that unless you shim your oil pump the Cummins doesn't have enough oil pressure to really get all the good from a bypass oil system... IDK?

User's Signature: Anti-seize EVERYTHING, Except injectors...Use Petroleum Jelly!!!
replyreply
I've had my oil bypass now for maybe 100k I shimmed my pump 25k later no issues before shimming. Oil pressure is 43-44 psi running 60mph and 40-41 climbing steep grade. My oil since I bought it at 455k has never been like black tar right after oil change, maybe after 8k starts turning darker but never really black like my Detroit 60 series.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: JMBT
(01-11-2018 )JMBT Wrote:  ...Someone had mentioned to me when I demandated, that unless you shim your oil pump the Cummins doesn't have enough oil pressure to really get all the good from a bypass oil system... IDK?

A cartridge type bypass filter, Amsoil style, uses a fine mesh media that the oil flows through, and oil pressure has nothing to do with their filtering ability.

A centrifugal force bypass filter, Spinner II style, requires oil pressure to drive the centrifuge with enough speed to centrifugally force deposits to the outside where they compact against the paper liner for filtering. Without shimming the pump on a Cummins they don't drive the centrifuge fast enough to be effective.

User's Signature: Why? Why do I always ask "why?" Because I can't learn or help teach others with "'cause I said so..."
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze , JMBT

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.