Is this bad or just what I have to expect?
01-14-2018, (Subject: Is this bad or just what I have to expect? ) 
RE: Is this bad or just what I have to expect?
Lol yep it's hard to find perfect. And as far as your own truck goes, I get. I just sold a 1965 Dodge Coronet A990 I had for 30 years. It had a factory 13.5:1 race Hemi with the cross ram, dual factory 770 CFM Holy carbs. I raced that car for years up and down souther Ca. Last time the engine was rebuilt was early 80s. And it still shook the ground and ran awesome the day I sold it a year ago. Some time's it's a combination of equipment and the guy that's driving.
In my case, what can I do? I don't own a laptop and Im not sure even after watching all of Rawze's videos I'm good enough to not buy my money pit. I did talk to the local Pete dealer. And told them if I end up buying a truck from them I want to pull the valve cover before I sign. They said it would be on my dime.
replyreply
(01-14-2018 )Badlogin Wrote:  ... I did talk to the local Pete dealer. And told them if I end up buying a truck from them I want to pull the valve cover before I sign. They said it would be on my dime.

Tell them "Of course it's on my dime, I'll be the one pulling the cover, NOT you!" That's the point, YOU'RE doing the inspection, NOT them!
If YOU'RE going to buy the truck, YOU need to know its condition, who gives a shi#t if they do or don't, or if the next guy that buys a POS you reject does?
You'll tell them the true condition when you bring in your checklist, along with quotes to fix what's wrong, which is how you determine the Actual Cash Value, which is what YOU will pay, NOT what they want...

In case you haven't noticed, I'm kind of a prick to deal with. I KNOW what I NEED to about a piece of equipment when I buy it, and I offer what I offer based on what I know from my inspection.
Don't ever be scared to tell them what you know and what you've found and why/how you came to said offer...
There's a real simple fact to know about a negotiation; He who enters the negotiations with the most information always wins the negotiation. Sometimes knowing enough to know when walk away IS winning.

User's Signature: Why? Why do I always ask "why?" Because I can't learn or help teach others with "'cause I said so..."
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze , scottydogtruck , JMBT
If you need to take all the pics you can , don't let on your unsure about your finds ...
Post them here , there are some real good guys on here who will gladly help you out in what the see .
I completely agree it's better to walk away then not know what your buying .
Even if you end up sending a little more then it's "worth " to get a real good truck that is not gonna end up killing you .
The guys on here you give you their opions even if you don't want them ,lol. But it is always the truth and what you need to know .

User's Signature: The missing link
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze , Hammerhead , JMBT
I appreciate all the input.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.