Valve train noise
01-11-2018, (Subject: Valve train noise ) 
RE: Valve train noise
(01-10-2018 )dhirocz Wrote:  I put 6 dimes in mine at 685k. Did a bearing roll as well as new cams and bearings and whatnot to hold me over for the time being. Oil pressure came up about 6 psi across the board with rotella and gear oil.

Set my overhead +.001" on the clearances, helped out alot.

After doing that it quieted down alot. I had a flat cam...if you're valvetrain is noisy, you need to check your cams and overhead pronto! Noisy valvetrain could also be lack of oil up top, as well as a number of things. Sometimes exhaust leaks can also make similar noise as well.

Mine just got a new compressor. Started out making noise that sounded like that as well. I squirted a couple Spritz of WD-40 into the air compressor intake and it quieted it down for a day or so until I could get home.

Going to read up about the dimes today and may actually go this route. Just did and overhead and three new injectors a week ago, everything looked good inside head.

Might actually be time to head over to Atlanta with 718K and 26k hours on her. Tranny more then likely will need replacing too. Shock loaded clutch brake Tuesday. Replaced old one with a two piece to get me back home ( why the shop but a two piece on when they installed new clutch last January is crazy), but it was my fault for shock loading it.
Pulling hills in a turn high to low range got hung up and probably pressed clutch down to far in an attempt to recover gear selection.
Would say 70% time now I have to come to a complete stop just to get high side to fall into low, and cycle clutch the entire stroke. Also have a serious vibration in stick plus 4&5 getting harder to use.

User's Signature: "KW is my choice of trucks"
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
Valve train noise - Ragindirt - 01-10-2018,
RE: Valve train noise - Ragindirt - 01-11-2018
RE: Valve train noise - Magard - 01-12-2018,

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.