Valve train noise
01-11-2018, (Subject: Valve train noise ) 
RE: Valve train noise
Yep know how brake functions, and yes I probably caused it to fail by applying full pedal trying to get truck back in range selected. I have a manual 10 version of KW auto, so range module is the L shaped block, no leaks. Will check pressure though. yep she sounds little bit louder now days them in the past, little rough getting into 4 and 5. She is in driveway now, dropped two loads and came home for this reason; plus I have a hell of a vibration coming through stick. Waiting on snow to pass so I can look over.

Also was wondering in another trend what would be a better option, 13 or 15; drove both in the past; spare truck I use from outfit I run under has a C15 connected to a 15, pulls my loads well enough, but I find that even in hilly terrain I can miss a few of the upper low split gears.

Got off track here was originally asking how much gear/valve train noise is typical on and 871. Seems as of late it is getting louder.
Be more than happy for someone on here with more experience to call and I'll let them listen if willing.

User's Signature: "KW is my choice of trucks"
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
Valve train noise - Ragindirt - 01-10-2018,
RE: Valve train noise - Ragindirt - 01-11-2018
RE: Valve train noise - Magard - 01-12-2018,

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.