Aussie @m*m^2 Tuned ISX
01-13-2018, (Subject: Aussie @m*m^2 Tuned ISX ) 
RE: Aussie @m*m^2 Tuned ISX
(01-13-2018 )Rawze Wrote:  
(01-12-2018 )Rig Wrench Wrote:  
(01-12-2018 )Running rough Wrote:  
(01-11-2018 )Rig Wrench Wrote:  Pitts box works, kinda antique technology. Boost is kinda low on that kitty for a 625, especially with a box. I'd expect 60ish + on a true 625 Acert. The right big CPL 870-871 is no joke. Tell you buddy to get ahold of Gearhead if he wants that cat to hang with that cummins

I can’t see how the Acert cat can hold a head gasket with that amount of boost, I threw my cat out in one of my trucks because to many headgaskets failures and it was recently overhauled and In the proses of putting in a 2250 with low km I got from a wrecker ,(put a new fuel pump on it) yes there are some who will think I took a big step backwards, worst case scenario it will drop a liner, if that happens I know it can be cut and shimmer and theoretically should be good for a long long time if done right, but am keeping fingers crossed that this one will not have that issue, I have big demons to slay getting the wiring to work I know that

That high boost doesn't all go into the cylinders. The Iva's bleed of cylinder pressure. That's why when you look into an Acert head its all soot like an egr engine is

They also have a lower compression ratio, different piston & skirts, perhaps different stroke?, different injection style (mostly CDI), different valve over-lap, thicker components and a lot of other things that are not the same as other model engines. They are more forgiving of abuse and bad programming due to these factors and a lot of guys over-boost them and do all sorts of bad things through sheer ignorance on them and get away with it.
The Aussie Version Acert Built in 2007 is a great engine
Here is my Experience Down Under!
From Factory, No DPF Crap
No Regens
just straight out pipes from the back of the Turbo's
The Garbage that's on them in USA kills them
I wasn't a fan of them (Acert), before I Owned one, but owned this NSX Acert for 4 years now carry 100k+ lbs every day in day out, and believe me when I say heavy Haulage work!! Its been a great investment
hasn't been towed back to a workshop since I've owned it
In 4 years I've replaced Ix Hi Pressure Turbo Charger, and 1x $80 dollar Sensor, that's it!
Service engine every 12K Klms or every 350hrs witch comes first, oils cheap!
Its good in my book
All I hope is my @m*m^2 871 does me as proud as my C15 Acert has
Time will tell
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Signature620 , serv
The pistons and rods are very similar, although the acert as a slightly longer stroke. Compression ratio is 17:1 on a 600-625hp models, same as a 870-871. Lower horsepower models, up to 550hp were 18:1 compression though. Tha cat does have a little beefier block, bigger bearings, and run much higher oil pressure. It's the Iva's that keep em together. I've seen it where someone will de!ete the Iva's, then in short order the gasket is out, it no longer can keep cylinder pressures in check. I've built a couple of them without the Iva's with lower compression pistons that do great. They're generally a good engine, its gonna be tough to get the fuel consumption as low as cummins, but in the high torque heavy haul field, they hold up good. I would put em right with an 870 for reliability and durability
replyreply
 Thanks given by: adam isx , serv
(01-13-2018 )Rig Wrench Wrote:  The pistons and rods are very similar, although the acert as a slightly longer stroke. Compression ratio is 17:1 on a 600-625hp models, same as a 870-871. Lower horsepower models, up to 550hp were 18:1 compression though. Tha cat does have a little beefier block, bigger bearings, and run much higher oil pressure. It's the Iva's that keep em together. I've seen it where someone will de!ete the Iva's, then in short order the gasket is out, it no longer can keep cylinder pressures in check. If built a couple of them without the Iva's with lower compression pistons that do great. They're generally a good engine, its gonna be tough to get the fuel consumption as low as cummins, but in the high torque heavy haul field, they hold up good. I would put em right with an 870 for reliability and durability
Your spot on about fuel! The cummins is better on fuel by quite a bit
And torque of the Cat is Strong as well
looks like you have great Knowledge on two of the best engines going around
thanks for the input
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rig Wrench

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.