Valve guide seals!!
01-11-2018, (Subject: Valve guide seals!! ) 
Valve guide seals!!
Hello I am getting ready to do my valve guide seals, CM2250. My engine has the old "small" cap style seals, so that is the only part number that shows up on Quickserve. Does anyone know the part number for the newer style "tall" valve guide seals??

User's Signature: Anti-seize EVERYTHING, Except injectors...Use Petroleum Jelly!!!
replyreply
RE: Valve guide seals!!
Is there an interval for this or y are you changing them? I also have a cm2250 and was wondering
replyreply
I am changing them to cure the problem of smoking a bit on start-up after idling to warm motor. After the demandate, when I idle in the morning to warm up, I smoke just a bit, (blue) when I take off. Then it doesn't smoke at all once warm, even if I idle. Several of the guys on here thought valve guides seals when I asked a few months ago. Tomorrow I am pulling the exh. manifold to replace a leaking gasket, and I'll get to see if it is truly the valve guide seals.

User's Signature: Anti-seize EVERYTHING, Except injectors...Use Petroleum Jelly!!!
replyreply
I did this on cm2350. You need valve spring compressor part # 4919358 $350
New updated seal kit part #4376219 $120, it comes with new collets.
Take the fuel connectors from injectors out , replace o-ring on those.
Take injectors out, replace oring and copper seal.
Find top dead center on cylinder you work with long zip tie. Make sure you cover oil passages in the head , you dont want drop anything in those holes! Follow cummins quickserve.

User's Signature: Cascadia ISX15 CM2350
replyreply
 Thanks given by: JMBT , Rawze , redbeard , rrod , Signature620 , fargonaz , schISM
Thanks Simon999!!

replyreply
09-11-2018, (Subject: Valve guide seals!! ) 
(01-11-2018 )simon999 Wrote:  I did this on cm2350. You need valve spring compressor part # 4919358 $350
Find top dead center on cylinder you work with long zip tie. Make sure you cover oil passages in the head , you dont want drop anything in those holes! Follow cummins quickserve.

I'm currently rebuilding a 2000 ISX cm570 top to bottom.
Will this update work for my engine ???
Cummins is fantastically unhelpful....
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Casper
(09-11-2018 )Diesel_Pusher Wrote:  I'm currently rebuilding a 2000 ISX cm570 top to bottom.
Will this update work for my engine ???
Cummins is fantastically unhelpful....

Yes.
This is the v/g seal design and it supercedes all previous versions. If you are replacing your head (and you should be) with a new or OEM Reman it will come with these already installed.

User's Signature: Why? Why do I always ask "why?" Because I can't learn or help teach others with "'cause I said so..."
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze
(01-11-2018 )simon999 Wrote:  I did this on cm2350. You need valve spring compressor part # 4919358 $350

Do you need to replace copper seal when removing injector? I can't just replace the o ring?
replyreply

Not mentioned here is that the fueling connectors going into the block that feed fuel to each of the injectors are married to that injector once installed. The metal end of them is deformed and creates the 40,000 psi seal to the injector. When removing them, number them so that you don't mix them up, or you will be buying new ones because they will get leaky after a while if you have mixed them up.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Brock , redbeard , Signature620 , Hammerhead , schISM , DSTdriver , Casper

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.