Valve guide seals!!
09-12-2018, (Subject: Valve guide seals!! ) 
RE: Valve guide seals!!
(01-11-2018 )JMBT Wrote:  I am changing them to cure the problem of smoking a bit on start-up after idling to warm motor. After the demandate, when I idle in the morning to warm up, I smoke just a bit, (blue) when I take off. Then it doesn't smoke at all once warm, even if I idle. Several of the guys on here thought valve guides seals when I asked a few months ago. Tomorrow I am pulling the exh. manifold to replace a leaking gasket, and I'll get to see if it is truly the valve guide seals.

Any updates on whether this cured the problem? My 2350 does this intermittently. I first noticed it would puff blue smoke and kinda hiccup right around 1300 rpm’s, light throttle and cooler oil temps.(200ish) Later on noticed it would do it throughout the day after startup from sitting for a bit. I’m leaning more towards a programming issue, in particular the multiple injection events as both 2350’s I’ve owned had that same hiccup I just never saw the unburnt fuel because of the mandate.

User's Signature: That’s pronounced, /ˈs(k)izəm/
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
Valve guide seals!! - JMBT - 01-11-2018,
RE: Valve guide seals!! - JMBT - 01-11-2018,
RE: Valve guide seals!! - schISM - 09-12-2018
RE: Valve guide seals!! - JMBT - 01-11-2018,
RE: Valve guide seals!! - JMBT - 02-08-2019,

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.